X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Covering

I received a mailer on some Super Coating. For the heck of it, I called to see what it was all about. In short, it's the same substance that the Navy uses to coat the tops of air craft carriers, as I was told, and other such applications.

It's guaranteed for 15 years not to chip or crack, or go bad in the can for 8 years. Comes in light gray, med gray, white, or black. Drys in 2 hours. Good for metel, wood or cement. Water/chemical barrier. Animal saliva and urine has no effect on it, as well as brake fluid and other corrisives. Woodworking finishes wipe off with a damp mop. Rubbery base so it is non-slip, but glossy and sawdust brooms up easily. Made for extreme climate changes. Ultra Violet rays from the sun will not decay or break it down. It's a one part coating, not a 2 part epoxy. Consistanty described as being between malassis and maple syrup. Self leveling, fills cracks and chips. Does not shrink during hardening.

I was quoted 129.95 per gallon, covering 250 to 300 sq. ft. After several minutes on the phone, got them down to 89.95 a gallon, shipping included. Which 2 gallons would cover my shop floor. They locked that price in per gallon for 3 years so if I need more when I add onto my shop, I'm insured that price. Buy a 5 gallon pail, get a one gallon can free.

I'm wondering how it would add durability to shop cabinets, bench legs, or even bench tops. Or even wall and ceiling coatings.

Anyone interested in learning more:
    (No known web site) toll free number is 1-877-592-0605. I talked to Michelle, she will be there till 3pm est. (Woody's Workshop sent ya)
    Address is:
    Protect Your Surface
    PMB 305
    Lindenhurst, NY 11757-1634
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>
Working...
X