X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Motor

I have New motor off a 3624 table saw,only run once to see if it ran.Anyone interested? I got the saw from Home Depot a last year,it needed parts,this thing is taking space in my shed and I need the room...I have the table,motor,cast wings,and other acc. Looking to part out or seel as a whole.

TITLEIST,
    I have New motor off a 3624 table saw...
    If that is a RIDGID table saw, I assume you mean either a 3612 or a 2424. Could you let us know which?
    If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Titleist,

very intersted, I think I remember when you bought this.

Send me an email, woody@woodys-workshop.com with you asking price. I'm sure we can work something out!
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I beleive the saw is a 3612,but if it was the 2424 that would be ok too,they use the same motor.My motor part # is 826187.

Comment

I don't belive that is true. The 3612 has a TEFC motor. I pretty sure the 2424 does not.
          Mark

Comment

According to the Parts list in this web page both use the same part#,if Im not mistaking that would be the same motor,I hardly know anything about these things,but the part #s are the same.
            I scored this table saw las Feb at HD for nearly nothing,I dont have the time or skill to use a saw to its full potential,therefore I'm parting it out or some1 can make me an offer on the the parts I have.

Comment

The 3612 has a TEFC motor

I thought TEFC was one of the features on the new TS3650 (number from memory)?

Dave

Comment

Well,like I stated above I really dont know much about these tools.I got the saw from HD.It has the motor,brackets,bench,guard,cast wings,power switch,and a bag of bolts and other small parts.I just trying to sell it.And figures this would be the place to do so.I did look at the parts page and the motor lists for 290something.
                I'm taking offers.Anyone who knows the saw,knows the motor.

[ 09-18-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: TITLEIST ]

Comment

I own a TS2424 so I could be wrong about the TEFC on the TS3612. I though that feature combined with the new fence/rails was what made me wish I had waited a little longer. Maybe someone with a 3612 can comment.
                  Mark

Comment

My 3612 did not come with a TEFC motor. As mentioned in another post, the saw that replaces the 3612 will have a TEFC motor.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

what is a tefc?
                      \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

TEFC = Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled.

3612 has an ODP (Open Drip Proof) motor.

TEFC is better in dusty environments because the motor itself is sealed.

Comment

It looks like more of a debate over what the motor is than any1 interested in it.I'll pull it out of the shed and take oics of those who are interested in it.

Comment

It's not like there's anything wrong with ODP motors... 3612 has an outstanding reputation. TEFC is just another feature up, and a good one, and it's even better that 3650 is going to have it.

I sure hope one of the HDs 'round here gets one assembled soon... it's kind of frustrating to see the boxes in-store, and no machine assembled to look at. My 3612 isn't going anywhere, but after all the talk, I would like to see the next generation.

The motor "debate" (you think that's a debate, you shoulda been here a week or two ago) keeps your post at the top of the heap, so that posters who check in less frequently have a better chance to see it. It's only been up there 24 hours and you already have one guy interested in it.

This is a good place to peddle it but they're not an everyday item.

Comment

Any takers on the motor? $200 + ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X