No announcement yet.

Why are there 2 "different" Ridgid sites?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there 2 "different" Ridgid sites?

There's, and then there's

I imagine these two will eventually become truly different (plumbing in one & woodworking in the other) or will merge into one single mega-site.

What's the scoop in this?

As you probably know, RIDGID plumbing tools are made by the Ridge Tool Company, while the woodworking tools are made by our sister company, Emerson Tool. The two websites were started up at different times by the separate organizations. At one time, the plan was to ultimately merge them under the common RIDGID banner, and you can see on this site the continuing effort to support both tool-using communities.

That no longer seems to be the plan, so I can't really tell you where we are going right now. We at will continue to try to support the woodworking community as best we can, and when we can't, we will direct you to the information on

Like my boss said when I threw the question at him a minute ago, I wish I had a good answer for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There's your next Survey question: how many people were wondering the same thing but never bothered to ask? (Answer: 97%)

Good idea, RGad, but I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that. I have a question for you Forum users. How would you feel about completely splitting the sites into separate plumbing and woodworking sites? It wouldn't affect the Forum, since it's linked from both sites, but it would mean any woodworking menu items would just link directly to Would it make any difference to you?

I'd vote against it based on nothing more than the cynical (but time tested?) view that if it ain't broke, don't mess around with it. The woodworkers can find what they want; I 'spect the plumbers are just as smart; and the minute someone tinkers, something will bust.

Don't mess with it. I get a good education from both sites. There is always something new to learn. I do remodeling and need to know all I can about both subjects. When I know everything there is to know about both plumbing and woodworking you can split the sites.

Like was said "ant broke yet dont monkey with it" I like it just the way it is.

I for the most part only post on the wood working side but regularly visit the plumbing side to read the postings... I don't poke my nose in there business, just expand my knowledge... I would like to keep it together... [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\" gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\"> gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>