X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Warranty without UPC's

Anyone have any luck getting "approved" for the lifetime warranty for older tools that you don't have UPC's for?
    I registered my 7 Ridgid tools online and sent an E-Mail to Ridgid 2 weeks ago asking the same UPC question.

I hope I don't get the run-around for not having all of my UPC's and not getting the UPC's I have, in the mail before Aug 12th.

Thanks in advance for any words of advice.
    Nick

Nick,

I also sent a letter via mail to SC asking the same question and as yet, have had no response from them.

Time will tell.

Jerry
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just read your posts.

This "mail-in your UPC" thing for equipment that
      was purchased months ago is ridiculous; who in God's name saves their packaging UPC codes when
      they get home to their shop, unpackage their product, set it up in the shop, and then race back to whatever else they were doing before they needed to buy said product!!!? Or who likewise even keeps such trivial paperwork from purchases
      made months previously!!?

This UPC thing is ludicrous in any event if the individual purchases with a credit card, debit card etc since the authorization code is printed on the receipt-- at least with Home Depot, it is.

jtalon
      \"There was never a bad peace or a good war\" (Benjamin Franklin)

Comment

This is form of great looking advertising that has no backbone. The new buyers - a potentially larger segment of the population - think, "What a great company". The rest of us with older stuff just say, "Nuts. I like my Ridgid tools. I'll probbly buy more even if I'm a little ticked off". If the oldsters quit buying, it's such a small contingent of the potential market that we're worth chucking aside. I'm not dishing out any contempt for Ridgid. It's a fact of life these days and I'll keep buying even though there's still no sign of my arbor (sorry for beating that dead horse again - I'm getting over it).
        Later,
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Hey, I already received a response.
          I do remember reading a week ago in the forum that someone else received a reply from Tom C.

RIDGID Response: (08/16/2005 05:59)
          Nick:

Mail in your original purchase receipt with a note indicating the UPC label is not available. Also include your E-mail address and reference our E-box E-mail communication on E-Box ID####### in the note. Once the registration group receives the original purchase receipt and note, they will contact me for approval and your tools status in your E-box will be changed to reflect the limited lifetime service agreement, and your confirmation code will be mailed to you.
          Keep a copy of the purchase receipt for your records.

Best regards,

Tom C.
          Consumer Response

Comment

Thank's Nickso. I copied your post & sent it to RIDGID along with my reciepts to the attention of Tom C.

I'll let you know if he doesn't help.

Comment

I've talked to the Ridgid Customer Service folks about the UPC question and they have told me that it is NOT absolutely essential and with older tools especially it is understandable that you no longer have the UPC.

From my own experience the "Service Agreement" takes a long time to register properly and especially to get the plastic registration card in the mail. For example, I registered my first tool in April, didn't get the update on the E-box for several weeks, and finally received the registration card in the mail back in late October, early November.

Hope this helps a bit,

CWS

Comment

I did not hear anything for about 1 month and 1 day I decided to look at the Ridgid registration site.
                All of my items were listed as having a Regid and all items have the "ribbon" with "indicates registration recorded".

All 10 of my items, and this does not include batts.

Good luck,
                Nick

Comment

Nickso, Here is the response I got from Ridgid when I refered to your post above while requesting my lifetime service...

RIDGID Response: (12/05/2005 01:48)
                  Frank:

What someone improperly posted on a Forum does not necessarily apply to anyone that wants to read it, and try to use it.

Mail in your original purchase receipt with a note indicating the UPC label is not available. Also include your E-mail address and reference our E-box E-mail communication on E-Box ID#XXXXX in the note. Once the registration group receives the original purchase receipt and note, they will contact me for approval and your tools status in your E-box will be changed to reflect the limited lifetime service agreement, and your confirmation code will be mailed to you.

Keep a copy of the purchase receipt for your records.

Best regards,

Tom C.
                  Consumer Response
                  One World Technologies, Inc.

Not a very polite "Customer Resonse", but I guess I will get the lifetime service as advertised.

Thanks again for your earlier post...

Comment

I agree, not very customer friendly. While I do not agree with his term incorrect, I can see his point, but if customers were getting the response they needed, then we would not have to spend our time on forums trying to learn.

Nick

Comment

To be honest, I don't see Tom's response as being particularly unfriendly. I think there might just be a misunderstanding all around. He was just trying to say that if someone posts something in a forum, it's not necessarily true and valid for everybody--he's saying it's best to work with Ridgid individually rather than referencing things from a discussion forum. Which makes sense, even though I'll agree that I don't see how his reply is substantially different from other one.

I will say that I've spoken to Ridgid customer service over the phone (to clarify the issue with the UPC, incidentally--and I was on hold for maybe a minute at most), talked to their Canadian service centre HQ, and emailed using the E-Box (all just to clarify some issues); and I've never had any problems (and yes, Tom C. was the one to answer my question when I contacted them via the E-Box; he must be the only guy on duty there!). So far I'm quite happy and satisified with their customer service.

Dave

[ 12-08-2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: canadave ]

Comment

You both make very good points. I LOVE my Ridgid tools and I didn't intend to beat-up on Tom C. He probably has his hands full dealing with us 'problem children' who don't keep the UPC's.

In fact I have seen his name in this forum a few times and he always seems to resolve problems to the customers satisfaction.

Sorry Tom C...You Da Man!

Comment

"plastic registration card in the mail."

Card? I didn't get any card. This is the first I have even heard of a card. I don't remember seeing anything when I registered months ago about a card that would be sent to me.

Comment

Check out the LSA. They specifically talk about some sort of ID card as I recall.

Comment

Bob D,

After a lengthy period, they will (or should) send you a confirmation in the mail and with it will be a plastic "warranty registration" card. I registered my first tool back in late April or early May and didn't get the card until lated September or early October. I'm sure a lot depends on the number of registrations they are handling.

Regarding Tom Clinkscales, I had the opportunity to talk to him once on the phone and he seems to be a pretty decent guy. I know that over on the Ryobi board he was held in high esteem as the guy who would get things done, when it came to legitimate customer problems, parts, etc. I'm glad to see that he is now involved with the Ridgid tool issues.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X