X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw rip fence problem

I received a TS2424 table saw for Christmas (does my wife love me or what?) and I am just tickled pink. However, I have run into a problem with the rip fence that has me completely baffled. I will try to explain the problem clearly in hopes that someone can help. Here goes.

I discovered today that my fence gets out of square when I move it to the right and beyond the main table (over the wing). I checked and re-checked the alignment at the right miter slot just as directed in the user manual. It’s as perfect as I can get it. I can move the fence so the center is over the main table, lock it and it stays square with the miter slot. If I move the fence right a couple more inches so it is over the wing, the measurement at the back of the fence gets shorter.

I checked the table and found that my right wing was not square with the main table (or with itself) so I have shimmed the wing a full 3/32 at the rear (pretty ugly). I placed a straight edge across the front of the table above the fence rail and both wings and table are flush. I checked the rear of the table also and it looks good. I tightened things back up and re-checked my fence alignment. Then I tested for square at different widths and things are a little better but I still have a problem. At seven inches right of the miter slot, I am loosing a full 1/32 of an inch from front to back. When I move the fence out to 20 inches or so I am 1/16 out of square!

I have checked the left side of the saw and I have no problems. Any ideas??

Thanks
    Greg

Ears, I suggest you repost in the Woodworkers section, perhaps under "ask the experts". The moderator in that forum is very knowledgeable and helpful, plus you'll get more hits from other 2424 users.
    Dick

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hergy:
      Ears, I suggest you repost in the Woodworkers section, perhaps under "ask the experts". The moderator in that forum is very knowledgeable and helpful, plus you'll get more hits from other 2424 users.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dick, Thanks for th esuggestion. I'd considered it after I posted but didn't want to clutter up the boards. I will close this topic and re-post.

Greg
      Greg

Comment

Working...
      X