X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Sells OUt?

I'm seeing posts on some other woodworking forums that Ridgid has sold out to Ryobi. Is this true? God I hope not. Ridgid has been one of the really great American Tool Companies. [img]smile.gif[/img] If it is ture what about Ridgid's life time warrenty?

Jim D.
    By my hand As best I can.

Oh yeah.... Look at the other forums here...

Comment

Its over! Rigdid did sell out and its for the worst! THe lifetime warranty went to three years and the handsome gray color scheme went to a painfully ugly hunter vest orange! I mean, what were they thinking! SMall tools can be bright colors, but a bandsaw! Let's see how their sales do NOW!

Comment

The woodworking tools are private label, exclusive to the BOB. Why not adopt their color scheme? In that sea of orange, who would notice?
        If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

I can live with the orange tools, the 3 year warranty is competitive, but the fact that the only place I can buy them is HD is irritating.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

The orange is a tested color, and it has serves B&D for years. You just can't argue with success!
            Look at the bright {orange) side: Some day Ridgid and the BOB may decide to alter the marketing agreement, and then the Orange tools will be identified with HD, and Ridgid can return to their sophisticated and refined color scheme for general distribution.
            If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

personally, i would rather prefer the bright orange color for the power tools, just like the yellow for dewalt.

Comment

Hey Deblieux, that sounds an aweful lot like the 'new' Coke marketing scheme of 20 years ago.
                Maybe a Ridgid 'Classic' line is in the future

Comment

Does anyone know if Ryobi will still honor the lifetime warranty on tools bought "before" the sell out? I have a TS2424 that was bought a couple years ago (pre-ryobi) and i wonder if my "lifetime" warranty just "expired"---no pun intended.
                  Godspeed and wear those safety glasses...

Comment

Ryobi has never honored any RIDGID warranty. RIDGID and Ryobi may share some of the same manufacturing facilities but they are two seperate companies. Ryobi DOES NOT own RIDGID. Warranty work is usually done at a RIDGID authorized service center. Your warranty at the time of purchase was through Emerson/RIDGID and still is.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Is this going like car did. USA made somewhree else. Honda and ? made in america. Why is it that other countries want american manufactruing but we want anything else.

I'm still for American even if I have to pay a little more for it.

Buy American be American.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
                      oops

Comment

LB, honda, toyota, nissan, started producing(mostly assembly) here to avoid tarriffs, reduce fluctuations in prices due to currency exchange and to reduce tensions caused by imports. Probably some other issues too.
                        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Glad my BS1400 is the 'old' business-like gray with orange knobs, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X