X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID RADIO

Any Updates on a RIDGID radio? Any signs of one in the future?
    RYan Varga

Coming soon to a HD near you, the Ridgid 18V Cordless Shop Vac/Jobsite Radio/Charging Station/I-pod All-In-One Multi Tasking Whatchamacallit.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
      Coming soon to a HD near you, the Ridgid 18V Cordless Shop Vac/Jobsite Radio/Charging Station/I-pod All-In-One Multi Tasking Whatchamacallit.
      ROTFLMAO
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Seriously [img]smile.gif[/img] My hubby is just dying for one!!! Any idea if it will be in time for x-mas? Thanks!

Comment

This go's to Badger Dave are oyu pulling our leg or is it true about Ridgid comung out with a Shop Radio??????

Comment

Hmmm Badgar Dave I'm still waiting, I was @ our HD in London Ontario this morning and was speaking to one of the sales associates in the corral ,{ Re:A RIDGID SHOP RADIO } but he has heard nothing yet. I'm hopeing I'm not bothering you but if you can tell everyone who is watching this could be your moment too make alot of people happy! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kevink:
              This go's to Badger Dave are oyu pulling our leg or is it true about Ridgid comung out with a Shop Radio??????
              Your leg oughta be about 42 feet long by now!!
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Actually it is about 1505 ft.

I hope they do make a radio soon i saw a 9.6v cordless screwdriver in hd but no radio! I personly would love to get my hands on one,but don't let the bells and whistles that people my feel they want raise the price. keep it simple and you won't have some many problems.
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevink:
                  Sorry it took so long to get back to ya but I've been out of town for a week sitting in a tree.

My sources,I know a guy who knows a guy who sweeps floors at HD, tell me that a Ridgid radio, is/could be/50-50 chance, just around the corner.
                  [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger Dave thanks for the reply { Re: Shop Radio } will keep my fingers crossed Kevin K.

Comment

Yo BD, how many points did he have? Or did you settle on a Doe. LOL I think I know the guy that knows the guy that knows that guy that sweeps those floors. LMAO On a serious note...... I don't remember the brand name but I saw in an email that one of the companies is offering an I-POD docking station that will fit on their radio/charger. NO JOKE!!!!! EDIT:: I found it. Bosch. Look at the center of this page. http://www.boschtools.com/miscellane...w-products.htm

[ 11-25-2005, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: papadan ]
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I hate IPOD brand people are so stupid to pay so much more for an IPOD when they can get a better player for less. ie creative zen etc etc. The only IPOD worth anything is the new nano and that seems a little on the pricy side.
                        Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

IPODs are over-priced because
                          a) they can and suckers keep buying them
                          and
                          b) those cheesy things are keeping those dead 'puters afloat.
                          Phil
                          Tools Rule

Comment

Ridgid has a radio, it is just under the Milwaukee name. But really don't expect anything soon. Why? DeWalt had 100% market share for years with their radio/charger because of a patent on a radio + charger. You don't think other manufacturer's wanted to release their own? They were scared of DeWalt's patent. Proof is in Milwaukee actually releasing a radio WITHOUT A CHARGER just to have something available. Now to their creidt, you can plug their charger into their pass-thru outlet and mount it to the back of the radio, essentially making it the same thing functionality-wise. Now Bosch came along and trumped both of them by addding more useful features. DeWalt took the stance of "jobsites are too dirty" and refused to put a CD player on their unit. Bosch just invested in R&D and made it happen. And by addding the GFI outlets to their unit, Bosch put any patent issue to rest. Think about it this way, you patent the stool, I put a back on it and I patent the chair. Can Ridgid get around DeWalt's and Bosch's patents? Only in China where the stuff is made and no one cares about intellectual property rights. I don't think you'll see anything statesite other than a Ridgid branded and Ridgid battery compatible version on the Milwaukee radio (no charger). And when, who knows.
                            I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

I don't believe any patents could hold up on something like this. everyone makes changes and comes out with thier version of the same thing. I think it was Marcone that invented the radio (but don't quote me on that, long time since school) and since then there are a million different radios and readio combinations that have been made. Any change of original design means it is a new product. BD made a joke of a Radio/ShopVac/Charger/Ipod unit and bosch actually put the Ipod adapter on thiers. I don't remeber the brand name but there is a plastic tool box for carring a drill and accesories that has a small shop vac built into it for clean up after drilling. LOL One advantage ridgid would have is thier batteries are unlike any others out there. All others have the post that sticks into the tool or charger. From the highend milwaukees to the cheapest chinese crap. Ridged uses the slide on mounting for thier batteries. Take the Bosch with Rad./char./CD/ outlets/ Ipod. Add a work light built into the unit and you have a new product that you can patent. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X