Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Where are the Ridgid woodworking tools made?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the Ridgid woodworking tools made?

I am a proud owner of a Ridgid TS2424 table saw and a MS1250 Miter saw. I have been looking at some other woodworking tools at Home Depot and the salesmen have been telling me that all their Ridgid woodworking power tools were made in the USA. I happened to look at the case and motor on the bandsaw and it said "Taiwan". (When I went home, I also noticed this on my miter saw.) The salesman told me that this was news to him and that he has to stop telling people that all the tools are made in the USA. So, this makes me ask "where are all of the Ridgid woodworking power tools made?" I guess this question also comes since I have noticed some announcements that Emerson is moving a number of its manufacturing sites overseas. As a sidenote, Ridgid must inform the Home Depot salespeople that not all the Ridgid tools are made in the USA.

[ 05-13-2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Ivan ]

Ivan, this is the breakdown of whats made where:

In Paris Tenn.
    TS2424 10" Table Saw
    TS2412 10" Table Saw
    TS2400 Portable Table Saw
    RS1000 10" Radial Saw
    EB4424 Edge Belt/Spindle Sander
    MS1060 10" Miter Saw

Overseas:
    BS1400 14" Bandsaw
    DP1500 15" Drill Press
    MS1250 12" Miter Saw
    JP0610 6" Jointer
    WL1200 Wood Lathe
    CM1400 Chop Saw
    TP1300 Thickness Planer

Jake

Comment

Thank you the the information. I have not seen you post the response to the question in another post about the Emerson plant closing and moving its manufacturing oversees. If the Paris, Tenn. plant is closing, does that mean all Ridgid woodworking power tools will now be manufactured abroad? How will Ridgid protect its quality?

Comment

Give Jake some time.
        Andy B.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I'll have the info ASAP.

Jake

Comment

I have Craftsman tools made by Ridgid but no Ridgid tools yet, with Ridgid tools moving over seas, I'm going to take a wait & see attitude. I have delt with Grizzly which has done business over seas for years & has ironed out most of the problems & am pleased with the Grizzly tools I have.
            Use safety devices or you may not need gloves.

Comment

Very soon, all tool makers are going to have plants overseas. Labor costs here are just too high for them to compete with those tool makers who have plants elsewhere. As long as the parts are good and the quality control is in place, it should be ok...might even mean a few bucks savings for us. I would think Ridgid would see to that.
              Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Keep in mind that even if Ridgid tools are made overseas they are made to strict Ridgid standards and hopefully will continue to be backed with their lifetime guarantee. (Notice the craftsman tools made by ridgid do not have a lifetime guarantee). one thing that i hope ridgid will continue to do is keep their parts and accessories readily available to their customers. Next to their quality and guarantee, this was a big factor in my decision to buy ridgid!
                \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I am not sure which tools you are referring to that are made by Ridgid but have the Craftsman label on them but I am curious if they are the same quality tools, why don't they have a lifetime warrantee on them also?

Comment

becuse they are made to craftsman standards, which are not necessarily ridgid. the only tool i know of for sure is one of their contractor table saws. i think it has a different fence and miter gague but the legs and table it self are identical. i can research the model number if you would like
                    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

My understanding is that the contractor table saws used to be made by Emerson (who makes Ridgid) but Sears and Emerson went their seperate ways a few years back. Apparently, the patents expired for the fence and other design points so the manufacturer that makes the Sears line has a similar fence and other items to the TS2412 and TS2424. But, I would choose the Ridgid table saws any day. There are a few better features and the quality is there too.

Comment

i guess it wont be long, it might be made in china...

Comment

Jake,
                          Any chance you can tell us where the TS3612 is made?
                          Bill

Comment

The TS3612 is made in the US.

Jake

Comment

And where are Craftsman 12" & 14" Band Saws made? Who makes them?

Comment

Working...
                              X