Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Errors ?

Most anywhere I try to go in new site only produces errors

The quality of the site is made to reflect the awful orange and 3 year warranty as opposed to the handsome gray and lifetime warranty.

Comment

I think everyone is aware of your feelings by now, Bug. I can't understand hating tools you haven't seen yet, but you're entitled to your opinions. It is fortunate that Ridgid has provided a place for you to air them, so often and so viciously.

The site has been redesigned. Glitches are to be expected and the best way to help is usually to report specific errors.

I am glad Ridgid has opted to continue their free public forum, and is working to enhance it. They have gotten a lot of feedback here and I'm sure when they return from their holiday weekend they will continue to work on it.

Comment

Most anywhere I try to go in new site only produces errors.

Cal, I'm not at all involved with Ridgid, but I occasionally run too slowly at work and get tagged with web design work. You'll be giving Norm and Josh a HUGE leg up if you give some clue as to where you are getting an error.

For example:
        From the main page, www.ridgid.com , I chose Products. Then I chose "Pipe Threading and Fabrication", and finally "Dies". The prompt instructs me to "Make a selection from the menu at left", but there are no selections to make.

That is something a web developer can work on. A generalized "your site sucks, and your colors do too!", is not very helpful.

Dave
        If I had an "ignore" button on this forum, "ShopBug" would be the first use for it...

Comment

If I had an "ignore" button on this forum, "ShopBug" would be the first use for it...
          Amen to that!!! Shopbug is a real whiner...
          Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Actually Big, if you click on someone's name, it brings up their profile and at that point you can add them to your ignore list. I know that I have certainly considered it for a certain insect.
            Bill

Comment

BillAMJ,

Unfortunately the ignore list only applies to Private Messages. See FAQ.

Dave
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That's right, there is NO ignoring the truth here. Them colors is ugly! Plain and simple, they is ugly! Also, there is NO way to argue that a 3-year warranty is better than a lifetime warranty. I hope everybody is hearing this loud and clear! Repeat, hunter safety orange on a large stationary tool is plain stupid and horrible ugly. Amen.

Comment

At Least no one will walk into their new stationary tools in the dark! Don't think anyone can dispute that fact. OOPS! Forgot the "Bug". Rick

Comment

Dave,
                    Thanks for the tip on the Dies link. I just fixed it. And yes the "Your Site Sucks" and "I just get errors everywhere" doesnt do us a lot of good. If any of you do find errors please pm us or post what you've found on the forum here and we will take care of it ASAP. Thanks for the help,
                    Josh

Comment

Here's one:

First, there is no way (that I can see) to get back to the Shop Talk "top" level, viewing all forums, once you are in a specific forum.

Coulda missed something here... BUT:

If you click "Refresh" while in a Forum topic, you are still taken to the black background front end.

If you then click "Customer Club", and then "Ridgid Forums", you get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e37'

Invalid object name 'TrackLog'.

/redirecter.asp, line 15

Might wanna check that one out. I personally would like a selection to jump back to the "all forums" view to see the latest in all categories, but that is a feature request... the above is more along the lines of a bug report.

Comment

In the Grey Bar at the top of the open forum screen, the one that contains your user name, you will see a string of screen labels. Click on the screen that you want to return to. For example, the first screen in the string is "Shop Talk" and the second is "General Topics" etc.

Comment

I just tried to request a catalog. Filled in all the blanks that needed to be filled it. Got to the end of the request and got a message that my correct email address was incorrect. Went back and reentered my correct email address and again got the message my email address was incorrect.

Comment

dave,
                            Thanks for the heads up. There was a little glitch in the catalog request that came up from the conversion. We just moved it up on friday. It should be good to go again.

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

Josh,

Thanks for the quick fix, works fine now.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X