X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Home Depot has the Ridgid Rights

I would like to know why Home Depot has the the rights to sell Ridgid Wood Working Tools and no one else does?

The RIDGID woodworking tools and bench top power tools are sold at Home Depot only because of an exclusivity agreement.

Home Depot approached Emerson Electric with the desire to have a proprietary line of woodworking tools for the serious DIY'er and Trade Professional.

Perhaps in a short while there will be additional outlets for the RIDGID woodworking line. For the time being we have focused our efforts with this product line through this strategic partnership.

There are many authorized RIDGID Woodworking Service Centers around the country. These specialized service centers are stocked and trained specificaly on the woodworking equipment. RIDGID fully stands behind these products with the same dedication as any of our Professional Pipe Working and Drain Cleaning tools.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Norm ]

Comment

Given the quality of the Ridgid display in the Louisville,Co. store,it appears that Ridgid is trying to sell boat anchors.

Comment

As a point of clarification regarding the service of the Ridgid Woodworking tools, There is a dedidcated group of Independent Service Centers across the USA that will gladly help with your service needs. To find the ISC nearest you, from Ridgid Home Page, click on Technical Service Tab, Service Centers, Woodworking Tools.

Comment

Can you explain why it takes so long to get Ridgid parts or cables from my supplier. Supplier states that the Ridgid Rep seldom if ever comes around. Seems that they should be able to order directly from Ridgid. In order to get cables, heads or repair parts for a K-750 it's usually taking anywhere from 4-8 weeks. I find this completely unacceptable. To have a machine down that long because of inability to get parts makes no economic sense. We loose clients as well as money. When questioned about the inability to get parts quickly the last time we had a breakdown, supplier indicated they felt Ridgid was concentrating more on the relationship with Home Depot than the plumbing wholesaler. As a contractor would I be better off driving 2 hrs. to the nearest Home Depot to purchase my needed repair parts, or does it make more sense to change brands of equipment?

Comment

EBiz,
            Thanks for the reply. I've talked often to my supplier, the only stocking supplier for Ridgid in my area, I'm always told the same thing; "We can't stock every part for every machine we sell, let alone all the cables."
            Or they explain that there is a minimum order unless I want to special order at a higher price. I feel like I'm held hostage at times by the supplier. I'll check out the online help you posted.

Comment

hey you guys are lucky to have a store cloes to you I have to drive 1hr. to go to the home depot,and I live close to ceadar point.
              Andy B.

Comment

wood machine,
                Do you have to drive all the way to midway mall for the nearest HD. Or do you go to another one. I guess we are pretty fortunate around here. There are a few withing 1/2 hr drive of elyria.

Josh

Comment

I am still a good 45 min. from elyria.
                  Andy B.

Comment

Just went to the Home Depot today in Portchester, NY. The Ridgid displays there were terribly maintained. Stuff was piled on top of table saws, all the ridgid stuff had about 1" of dust on it etc etc.

I know this topic has been tossed about quite a bit but doesnt ridgid have reps that monitor the displays at the HD stores? They arent giving Ridgid the due representation for the good company that it is.

Comment

At our Home Depot in Bound Brook, NJ, the Ridgid display is just like the other ones that people have talked about. All of the tools are cluttered together so you can't really get too close to them, and they seem like a storage rack for other items that Home Depot is selling. Somebody really has to get it together and make sure the Ridgid products are displayed better, or find another outlet to sell them through that will show the products a lot better.
                      Marcus Rinaldi<BR>Service Tech<BR>F&W Heating & Cooling

Comment

finally found one with good RIDGID Tool displays and Demo's too. They are all set up and work!!!!
                        The Virginia Beach Blvd store in Va Beach,Va. "Celebration Station"
                        I been in about 25 HD's and this is the only One that has a Good Ridgid Display
                        [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by My friends call me the wood machine:
                          hey you guys are lucky to have a store cloes to you I have to drive 1hr. to go to the home depot,and I live close to ceadar point.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Home Depot is opening a store in Sandusky, OH. It should be opened by this fall/winter.

Comment

I have to drive 45 minutes to my nearest HD, but it depends upon which one. From Palatka Fl. I can go to Gainesville, Jacksonville, or St.Augustine.. each store kep their Ridgid displays from GREAT to a total mess depending upon whatever the tool manager desires I guess. Its either drive, order by net or do without, yes I do all tree sometimes. I do agree that RIDGID should have more control and inspection of their displays..If you can't see it,touch it or get correct answers you usually don't buy it. Hay RIDGID want me to do the job here in NE Fla.??? dd [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

docdick...I use the store in Gainesville how do the others you mention stack up? Just wondering if I should travel the opposite direction in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X