X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Rigid jointer

Will the new jointer features be applicable to the old jointer?
    What are the new features anyway?
    When will this change hit the showroom? Jim

Jim,

This is the reply I sent to an e-mail that I recived from a customer the other day:

Yes there is a new jointer that will be available shortly. It is a M/N JP0610. It is still a 6 1/8” jointer but with several improvements over it’s predecessor. First is a heavier dual bevel fence system that allows the fence to be set from 45º forward to 135º back. The horsepower has been increased to 1 hp from ¾ and the knife adjustment is now a jackscrew adjustment instead of a spring loaded adjustment that required a special setting tool. Finally, the biggest improvement is the stand. Stand assembly is much easier with the number of parts reduced from 8 to 5 and the number of bolts reduced from 44 to 18. This wide stance stand now has onboard storage for push blocks and the angle gauge that is included. The 4” dust port slides up out of the way when the jointer is used without a dust collection system. The JP0610 jointer will be available in Home Depot about March 1st and will sell for $449.

As far as whether the features are back compatible with the JP0600, they are but, we only offer them as individual parts so it would not be easy to upgrade. Short of the infeed and the outfeed tables, almost every other feature of this machine has been updated.

Jake

Comment

Also keep an eye on this web site for more information in the next couple weeks. As so as get a picture and feature sheet on the site, I will post it here.

Comment

Working...
      X