Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painfully ugly Hunter Safety orange color.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painfully ugly Hunter Safety orange color.

People, gather around,

Bright orange for hand-held power tools is one thing, but an orange bandsaw and orange lags on a lathe. Gone is the handsome gray color scheme! Here is the awful eyesore orange! Gone is the lifetime warranty. Here is the "cheap tool" 3 year warranty. I have a Ridgid lathe, bandsaw, planer, belt/spindle sander, and was hoping to get the jointer if I can find it with lifetime warranty and handsome gray. I can't beleive this moronic color choice. Brand recognition, differntiation? What idiocy brought them to say: "Ummm... yea... I think Hunter Safety orange will be nice. Let's cut the warranty to only 3 years in case people get so sick of the orange they smack their tools around..."

"Gone is the lifetime warranty. Here is the "cheap tool" 3 year warranty."

ShopBug, let me ask you one question. Do you consider Delta, Jet, or Powermatic to be "cheap tools"? Jet, Powermatic & Performax tools all have a one year warranty. With Delta, the X5 series, their new top of the line comes with only a two year warranty. Yeah, "cheap tool" 3 year warranty, NOT!
    Bill

Comment

Am I the only one, or does anyone else notice posts disappearing? They're here one minute, then gone the next.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Dissapearing posts? I think the Ridgid people are deleting posts that degrade their new orange color scheme and "cheap tool" 3-year warranty.

Comment

To h3ll with the color and the witchin' 'bout the site. Let's get back to makin' sawdust and other exciting projects. That people, is my Dollars worth this A.M. Rick

Comment

Originally posted by BillAMJ:
            "Gone is the lifetime warranty. Here is the "cheap tool" 3 year warranty."

ShopBug, let me ask you one question. Do you consider Delta, Jet, or Powermatic to be "cheap tools"? Jet, Powermatic & Performax tools all have a one year warranty. With Delta, the X5 series, their new top of the line comes with only a two year warranty. Yeah, "cheap tool" 3 year warranty, NOT!
            Delta makes a lot of crap tools...all you have to do is look at the selection of their Shopmaster line in Lowe's to find 'em. Had I the choice between only what I could get between Delta at Lowe's and Ridgid at HD's, the color would no longer be the issue. In all fairness, that line is targeted to take some of the business back from Ryobi.

They also make good tools. I've not seen any junk from Jet or PM.

PS...Jet, Performax and PM (same company) have just announced a limited lifetime warranty on selected tool lines. Not sure which ones, but you can see the new ad in Wood Magazine.
            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

PS...just saw the jointer at HD's in grey with lifetime warranty (all tools sold until Jan 1st carry this) for $399.
              Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Working...
              X