X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wbrooks:
    I know that the 6" ROS R2610 and the Jig Saw R3120 are because they say made in Germany on mine.
    Could you tell me how long ago that you had bought your sander? I just got off the phone w/ customer service and I was told the ROS are made in, China... technical support said, Taiwan.

I'm confused about which 4 products are, Metabo (if any still are). If Jim Swamp, could chime in, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Todd

Comment

I bought them in Jan 2004. The 5" ROS may be made in China. Best way to tell is to pop into a HD and have a look at the label

Comment

I did go to HD last night.

From what I saw, the 2610 is German made. Also one of their grinders & one corded 1/2" hammer drill are also German made... Metabo.

Didn't have time to search to take note of the model #s or the search the jig saws.

The 2610 sander is much larger than I expected; probably much more than I'll ever need. I got the 5" last night from Ebay... it still got good reviews, but I wish I could say it's made by Metabo.

Thanks,
        Todd

Comment

I have a Metabo 4 1/2" angle grinder that just won't quit, it's been a reliable tool for the ast 15 years. Some day it will need replacing, but since I don't do as much metal work as I used to, it may last another 5 years.

Comment

I have 3 tools by Ridgid made in Germany the 6 inch RO sander their corded jig saw and the 1/2 hd drill . I dont know what the 4th is... I know its not the belt sander or router or palm sander or the brad gun and stapler...

Comment

Ridgid is just a good name an established name a reliable name that tti bought the rights too and i feel people that do not no the whole story are getting disapointed in the ridgid name!
              A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

TTI vs. Ridgid vs. Home Depot

The Ridgid Brand (for cordless and corded power tools) is OWNED by Emerson Electric, LICENSED to The Home Depot and MANUFACTURED by Techtronic Industries.

Techtronic Industries (TTI) OWNS the Ryobi, Milwaukee and AEG brands of corded and cordless power tools. Techtronic also contract manufactures corded and cordless tools for The Home Depot (Ridgid brand power tools) and Sears/K-Mart (Craftsman brand power tools). TTI is also in the process of closing the four US plants of Milwaukee and moving the production to China. (we'll discuss that later)
                Last edited by Jim Lang; 03-19-2006, 03:05 PM.

Comment

The Ridgid license agreement is with One World Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tectronics International, and NOT Home Depot. Home Depot is the exclusive retailer for Ridgid-brand woodworking tools. It has no documented connection to manufacturing of these products other than the influence presented by being the sole outlet for these tools.

Here is a link to the original press announcement: http://www.ridgid.com/news/RidgidBrandRel.pdf

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X