X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who?

Who was the lucky hombre that won the "Ride of a lifetime" sweepstakes?

it sure wasnt me
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

You really have to start wondering if that whole sweepstakes thing was for real. Not a word on the website. That's kinda weird.
      No response to a self addressed list of winners.
      It's really looking like a sales ploy.

Comment

Define "sales ploy"?
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Main Entry: sales
          Pronunciation: 'sA(&)lz
          Function: adjective
          : of, relating to, or used in selling

Main Entry: ploy
          Pronunciation: 'ploi
          Function: noun
          Etymology: probably from employ
          1 : ESCAPADE, FROLIC
          2 a : a tactic intended to embarrass or frustrate an opponent b : a devised or contrived move : STRATAGEM <a ploy to get her to open the door -- Robert B. Parker>

[ 11-04-2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Blister ]

Comment

Very good, so, now you can see that what you were insinuating Ridgid was doing was not a sales ploy.

If they were actually running a scam, as you suggested, and I'm positive that they weren't, it would be fraud.

Comment

So I guess the question still stands.
              Who's the winners?

Comment

Blister, I emailed the Ridgid Sales Dept. last weekend and asked for the name of the winner. So far, no response. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm sure that the sweepstakes was totally on the up and up and there is a winner out there but I can't think of any logical reason why Emerson/RIDGID seems unwilling to share this information.

It would seem like a very good marketing strategy to have this persons picture plastered all over their website and trade advertisements?

C'mon Emerson/RIDGID, fess up, who won?

Comment

I was kinda hoping that whoever won may want to sell the bike, I want to make an offer if they do.
                  But.....oh well

PS No replies for me either

Comment

If you send a notarized letter requesting the names of winners of a sweepstakes they have to let you know who they are. Its law.

I think the names must also be posted in a public forum, though a simple local newspaper would be considered a public forum. One other thing to consider is that before prizes can be awarded the winners usually have to sign a public release form allowing the use of their name for advertising purposes. It could simply be a matter of waiting for the winners release forms.

Ridgid could let the inquiring minds know they are waiting for release forms before they publish winners. Its just common courtesy to good customers to keep them aprised of whats up with their contests.

The other side of that coin is an unsavory contemplation of motives by Ridgid.
                    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blister:
                      I was kinda hoping that whoever won may want to sell the bike, I want to make an offer if they do.
                      But.....oh well

PS No replies for me either
                      It's just custom paint job. Nothing custom on the bike other than paint. I think it was an Iron horse or something. You spend a lot less just buying the bike and finding a good painter. Is that really how you would paint your bike? In Ridgid? Free country I guess.
                      I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Collectors are a strange lot.
                        I don't see it as an everyday riding kind of bike. It's a mute point anyway as it seems that no one has won anything

Comment

but what if the winners would like to remain anonymous from the public and their privacy be respected..? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by michael stephen:
                            but what if the winners would like to remain anonymous from the public and their privacy be respected..? [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            That's easy, don't enter the contest. Really, you gotta expect the promoter to get something back for giving away something with this much value. The same thing applies to some lotteries, they get to plaster your face all over the media in their ads, that's the price of 'free' money

[ 12-17-2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

Bob,

The promoters also usually use the information collected on the entry forms to compile mailing and calling lists which are then sold to those nice people who always call at suppertime or when your favorite team has two on and one out in the 9th.
                              Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X