Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid and the future of woodworking tools?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid and the future of woodworking tools?

I read a review for the Ridgid Planer last night and the guy said that Ridgid has made a move to get out of the wood working tool business. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?
    Measure twice...Cut once..I always forget that one!

Considering they recently came out with new tools, I doubt it.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mccoy54:
      I read a review for the Ridgid Planer ...the guy said that Ridgid has made a move to get out of the wood working tool business...
      That "guy" was not properly informed, Mccoy54.
      Ridgid quit making woodworking tools and has contracted with various manufacturers to make their woodworking tools and to greatly expand their product line.

Comment

George:
        I read the post "who owns Rigid" and saw the different companies who make the products, I suppose that is who they hve contracted with to manufacture there product.thanx

Comment

If you can, check the date that the review was written. My guess is you'll find that it was writen in the spring of 2003 or before. IIRC, it was March or April of 2003 when RIDGID announced that they were getting out of the actual production of the RIDGID line of woodworking tools. TTI purchased the rights to produce tools under the RIDGID name effective 09/01/03.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

badgerdave:
            I found the review and it was dated Jul 10, 2003, it is pretty old, it's good to have guys who now there timelines. thanx. I'll check my dates next time, measure twice, cut once, I always forget that one!!
            I think they make qaulity tools, for a great price, so I couldn't see why they would get out of the business.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerdave:
              it was March or April of 2003 when RIDGID announced that they were getting out of the actual production of the RIDGID line of woodworking tools. TTI purchased the rights to produce tools under the RIDGID name effective 09/01/03.
              Just for clarification one more time, it was March or April of 2003 when Emerson announced they were getting out of the manufacturing of RIDGID branded woodworking tools made by Emerson Power Tools. RIDGID (Ridge Tool) never made them.

I know what you guys mean, and I'm not trying to be difficult. I just want to be sure you keep the two separate in your minds.

Steve
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
              X