X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLDE TYME CARPANTRY HAS BEEN SOLD!!

hey guys and girls many of you may have noticed that i have not been here very much the reason my company has been bought(dang and i didnt even know it was for sale)i started this company in 1993 with just me and the same 91 pick up that i still drive to this day and over the last 12 years i managed to get 31 employees 4 pick ups and 3 vans a barn back hoe and a skid turn at the moment i have 26 homes under contract(untill 11:59 aug 31 st) all my men will still be working for atleast the next 6 months with the new owner (part of the deal) to marrow i will break the news to the crews and all will have an extry $1000 in there pay checks even the guys that have only been with me for the last month.now i know you all want to know how much did i get,well i aint telling yas that but if i in vest it right i would never have to work again but thats not me but i will do something i have been wanting to do for along time and that is get my C.D.L drivers lisece and drive a tractor trailer i know you all think i have fliped i have always wanted to do that and with gas prices like they are let some one else pay for the fuel while i get see the usa [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    9/11/01, never forget.

OSC,

Congratulations on selling your business and "retiring" to something you always wanted to do! And, it sounds like you took good care of your employees too. That's a pretty rare thing for this day and age, when all the big corporations just dump their folks and walk away with all the profits.

I hope you enjoy your semi-retirement and still manage to find some time to spend here on the forum.

Best wishes,

CWS

Comment

Hay, I second CWSmith. Thanks oldslowchevy for letting us no, there are still some of the old timers that respect people.-- Just hope your not the last one.
      I hope you live long and have some fun.

[ 08-31-2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      Be safe out there folks
      Bob B
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

good luck on your retirement. do drop-by from time to time..

Comment

Working...
        X