Clear All

Re: Snow Shoveling

Originally posted by papadan View Post
    What snow? There aint no snow around my place. LOL
    that is too COOL!!

Vince

Comment

the plows hit the ground the minute it starts and dont come home till its done snowing usually about 5 or 6 hours after the last flake falls we are done. The guy i work for has about 30 commercial properties and condo units to take care of i have already put in about 70 hours this year playing in the snow and that was only 3 snow storms and the ice storm we got the other night.

Oh i either run a backhoe, wheel loader or F550 Dump truck with a plow and sander

Comment

I plow a shopping center for a commercial contractor. Six front end loaders with 20' pusher blades working 12- 14 hours. Before the first of the year all the snow has to be removed using 4-6 tandem dump trucks. Total time averages 30 hours straight.

After the first of the year we just push the snow into big piles. It doesn't seem to matter if there is an inch or a foot of snow it still takes within an hour of the same time to push it. Last storm, an inch of snow and a half inch of ice, took 20 hours because we had to scrape all the ice from the lot using just the buckets on the loaders.

Comment

B - after it's all done - unless a drift blocks something.
          Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
          I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
          My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

You could always install a snow melt system on your driveway or walkway. They are a little pricey but it's definitely worth it throughout winters in cold and snowy climates. Heatizon Systems is the company I used and I love it.

Comment

Of all the threads you have to bring up!!!!! This one brings back the memories of the busiest winter I ever had w/ snow removal, here is a pic of my mount.

Attached Files

Comment

I realize this thread was started some time ago, but with winter hitting us again and my having had some wet snow which became ice and more nasty weather on the way soon, I figured I would post this video. This is how it used to be done and what a site it is to see this. Does this bring back any memories to the older forum members? Video #1 is the old timer way and video #2 is more modern. Both are serious ways of snow removal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha59KFvCQUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBh5vO_2g0&feature=fvw

Comment

Working...
                X