HAMMERS!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franklie
    Like PlumbDog my current hammer is a Vaughn "California Framer" . I'm surprised at how well balanced it is in my hands.
    What he said plus a craftsman and estwing.

Comment

true temper rocket a-16 about 30 yars old best trim hammer ever made IMO

Comment

My hammers

I have a estwing 16oz. leather wrapped handle rip smooth face for trim. A dead on death stick from sears 24 milled face axe wood handle with a magnet nail holder, and a 16oz wood craftsman smooth face and a 24 oz wood handle craftman milled face. I like the deathsick and estwing the best
        Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

Comment

Plumb hammers are very good. Check out Cooper Tools..

Comment

An Eastwoing 22 oz had for the past 14 years, A craftsmand hammer my grandfather had I beleivev it to be baout 60 years, do not use it much anymore

Comment

My favorate hammer is a wooden handled 22 ounce stanley fat max. I have other hammers that are supposedly better but I end up going for the fat max more often then not. It's just comfortable for me to use. It has a little magnet on top for starting nails that I rarely use but it's nice to have when I want it.

Comment

Hay All. For me I have several I use depending On the job! And I do all kind of work. LOL For siding I use my 16 oz Craftsmen wood handle, All around use and hand bangin sheathing 8 penny nails, my 20 oz estwing. And for hard work like framing and riping a 22 oz fiberglass handle, dont know who mad it . Thats been wore out for quite some time now. LOL.
                O'ya all rip claws.
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                Be safe out there folks
                Bob B
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

A 3 pound sledge with a piece of solid round stock welded in as a handle. Or my 4 pound blacksmiths hammer with a piece of #7 rebar wrapped in duct tape as a handle. As a weldor my needs are greatly different than a carpenter. My finish hanner is a 15 Oz ball peen, and the delicate hammer is a 2 pound dead blow

Comment

Hammer's

Ahhhhhhhh a good hammer huh!!!! well i have been a Carpenter for quite awhile i started out using an Estwing 28oz granted Estwing makes a great hammer and well balanced but unfortionately I will not use them anymore, Ya see when i got into construction there were no nail guns it was all hand driving and the Estwing has caused me to have problems in my right arm so i went to the Estwing fiberglass handled hammer and used for a couple years b4 they discontinued it. So my search was on for a good hammer after years of searching and swinging I myself have found the Craftsman wood handled hammer works best for me and its lifetime guarantee made my mind up in wich ive only had to replace it 2wice in wich this one has lasted me almost 8yrs now.....So i recommend if you are handdriving alot to detour away from metal handled hammers you will pay for it in years to come but if your just using it here and there Estwing is the way to go.
                    I would also like to add when looking for your hammer to take 2 hammers and hit the heads together and make sure you have no ringing in it theres nothing more annoying then to hear your hammer ringing while driving nails or beating what ever it is your needing it for.

Comment

Well, I got a Stanley 22 oz. FatMax from Lowe's - lots of annoying ringing, and the handle came loose after half a dozen wacks! Maybe it was a defect!?
                      I got a Stanley AntiVibe which feels pretty good, and a Vaughan Blue Max...

Comment

Call me old fashioned but I happen to like Hickory handles on all my hammers. Most of them are Vaughn, but my sledges are Collins which is famous for making Fireman's axes and such. Plumb is another good hammer line and they too make nice axes. I can't take the shock waves in my hands that a steel handle hammer brings about. I do like a few of the Nupla fiberglass handle hammers but the $$$ for them makes me howl.

Comment

Re: HAMMERS!!

Fatmax (framers) is what I got, went nuts first time using it. Way to slippery with the black paint on it. Had to figure out a way to stop it from sliding. Went to my work trailer and I was going to put a bunch of notches on it. When I saw a roll of double sticky sided electrical tape, wrapped up the handle good and tight. Been using it that way ever since, I think 2 years now, tape is still on, but I think its time to put a new wrapping on it. The head has never come lose not even a smidgion, very pleased with it...
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

garager

Go to a good tennis pro shop and look at grips and grip tapes they should have there. I've had good luck with some of the rubbery grip tapes on wood tool handles.

Comment

I bought a Estwing 15 years ago and use it to this day.

Comment

Thanks woussko, I'll certainly do that, great advice...
                                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X