X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TS3650

I just got my new saw put together after MANY hours of setting it up. That's the good news. The bad news is I can't make my first cut for another 10 days due to the rip fence locking lever being broken, and RIGID telling me that it will be 10 days until I get the replacement part! Also, while I spoke with their customer service I asked if there were any instructions on how to replace this part, as I could not see an easy way to disassemble the entire fence. Simply put...no.

Great, now after I wait nearly 2 weeks for the part, I can go crazy trying to disassemble and then reassemble the fence. Then realign it. All in all, a bitter pill to swallow for my $600.

Age old problem I think, and not just with Ridgid. If possible, it's always best to check as much out as possible before assembly (especially if the assembly is complex). If anything is broke, I take the whole thing back and exchange it for another one. That way, there is NO waiting!

I think I'd be having a serious discussion with the local store's manager in that regard. You have a 90-day Satisfaction Guarantee, no questions asked! So I'd take the saw back and tell them you want another one.

CWS

Comment

"So I'd take the saw back and tell them you want another one."

-OR-

Take the fence back and swap it out for a good one. If they don't want to agree to that then tell them you are bringing the whole saw back for a refund.

Follow that up with an email or letter to Ridgid and HD Customer Service.

Comment

Bob D.
        That is exactly what I was going to reply. I guess it's true that great minds think alike. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Thanks guys, I will do just that on my way home from work tomorrow.

I hope it works! (Good advice)

Comment

Was it broken when you got it?

Comment

Yep, it was broken in the box. Unfortunately, I did not notice that fact untill very late in the set up of the saw. I laid out the parts and determined that they were all there, I simply did not notice through the plastic wrap that the handle was "a bit short."

Comment

So, did you get it replaced, or what?
                Inquiring minds want to know. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Sorry about the delay guys, but good news! They agreed to replace the fence. No questions asked.

Pretty impressive, I thought.

Big thanks to Tom at HD.

Comment

That sounds good, I'm going after a TS on monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer
                      That sounds good, I'm going after a TS on monday.
                      Mounteineer, did you get the TS? Tell us about your experience.

Comment

WAit for parts/service.. Dropped ridgid saw off at depot (1 hour drive away) Aug 22. They determine defective motor and order from RIDGID -- 2 weeks still waiting. If a person were in business i think that I'd buy cheap and throw away, or go back to belt drives, where motors could be replaced locally and cheaply . I'm going to post every couple of days , lets see who has waited the longest for RIDGID service....

DIRT in Muskoka, Canada......

Comment

Does Ridgid and Home Depot do things differently in Canada than they do in the states? In the States, Home Depots are not Service Centers and after the "90 day, no questions asked return policy" has expired all service related problems must be handled by an authorized Service Center. Could it be that your extended wait has something to do with the fact that you took your saw to the wrong place for service in the first place? Maybe you didn't take it to the wrong place and that's the way things are done in Canada but its not the way its done down "south".
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I actually ment the repair place, our home depot is only 10 min away. Its just like states, authorized RYOBI/RIDGID authorized service station warranty claim. A gentleman at shop said something about motor manufacturer (emerson??) having to replace motor, and them in some kind of financial overhaul (bankrupty???) Saw is a grey 2000, early model, full price, no cart..

Comment

I'm only guessing here but part of the problem could be that your saw is an Emerson made product and not an OWT manufactured saw. Actually, I kinda doubt that as I'm sure there had to be some type of an agreement between Emerson and TTI/OWT to handle any problems that came up with Emerson produced tools.

At one point in time Ridgid had a terrible problem with delivery of parts in a timely manner. However, for the last year or so it seems that these types of complaints have become more the exception than the rule. It's a shame that your parts have not arrived in a timely manner but even warehouses run out of stock every once in awhile and 2 weeks isn't really that long either. Ever ordered anything from Amazon?

BTW, I doubt seriously if Emerson is in any kind of financial trouble at all.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X