• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cordless or Cord?

Cordless baby, all the way.

Comment

Cordless is convient. Doesn't hurt to have one around. But if I have a choice I'll take the corded any day.

Comment

Originally posted by tomot View Post
        On the whole, I like the idea of cordless. But life is never that simple.

Cordless is simply for simple jobs and the simple minded.
        Needless to say the day after the cordless purchase. the battery life goes down,
        Then, you spend more time recharging than actual working with the tool.
        Then, after a year you cant get replaceable batteries.
        Then, if your really STUPID, you buy the next generation of cordless crap.

And then, it starts all over again.
        And thats the only way the Tool makers can get repeat business.
        There is no point making Milwaukee quality Tools if they are going to last 10 years or more.

I'm also impressed by the advertising done by shows like Homles on Homes
        they show every worker using cordless tools, as if WE are all missing something.

Holly s**t!, I've just gotta get rid of my corded tools. and get a set of that latest cordless crap.

Leave the cordless stuff for the weekend warrior, so he/she can use the cordless drill to screw in the lightbulb
        I just noticed this moron's posts. What a goofball - can someone explain to me how this guy can get off calling other people "stupid" and "simple minded" for making a very common consumer choice, when he himself doesn't have a CLUE on how to use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar????!!! Pot, meet Kettle.

Comment

As a professional...
          Sure doesn't seem like it.

I don't have to care about lithium batteries or the pollution they cause
          for the next generation or my children.

I dont have to care about all the TV soon to be delivered to land fill sites
          in Jan 09 when we all go digital. Think about all the lead in those picture tubes,
          or about all the lead in those new energy saving light bulbs.
          Actually, the hazardous material in "those new energy saving light bulbs", otherwise known as CFL's, is mercury, not lead. If you're going to spout off on something, at least know what you're talking about.

Comment

Cordless is where my money is going, no need to be dragging cords around when there are powerful, dependable cordless tools and batteries for just about every job.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
              Go figure, no one likes you hear either. tomot are you a ginger kid that would explain allot.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X07u_ik8JQ4
              Now I think your a lot belligerent and cocky with your "you tube" post it was out of line!
              Crappy days
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
              Be safe out there folks
              Bob B
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Had a few small jobs to do around the house, including outside where the temperature is below freezing and the ground is covered with ice. I'm glad I had my Ridgid cordless tools to make quick work of those jobs without having to lay out extension cords. Last week I was working on my old car and I had to jack it up and pull the back wheels, sure would have been nice to grab my cordless Ridgid 1/2 inch heavy duty 18volt cordless impact wrench, but they don't make it yet!!!

Comment

I use cordless and corded . A lot of my work is out in a open area with no power in site . If i am near my shop then i will use both . For someone to say that cordless tools are for morons is just plain ignorant and disrespectful . Three quarters of my projects are made from cordless tools.
                  John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

Isn't this question like asking, "blondes or brunettes?". Air tools are like redheads. All pretty good, no?

My kid has a Bosch cordless impact that he likes. I still like my Snap-On air impact, it has three times the torque. Plus, nothing sounds quite like an air impact.

Comment

A - cordless - 18v.
                      Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                      I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                      My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Corded,,,nothing like the torque of wormdrive Skilsaw,,the oompah of my Black&Decker Wildcat grinders, plain gutsy drive of my Milwaukee HoleHawg!!! Bought a few parts at the DeWalt service center in Houston last weekend and noticed a huge heavy duty wire basket on a pallet maybe 4X4X4 feet in size nearly full of dead DeWalt battery packs being readied for disposal. Something is wrong somewhere in the engineering , design, manufacturing with system that has such a high failure rate. Only and just my opinion....Work safely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by duallydondon View Post
                          Corded,,,nothing like the torque of wormdrive Skilsaw,,the oompah of my Black&Decker Wildcat grinders, plain gutsy drive of my Milwaukee HoleHawg!!! Bought a few parts at the DeWalt service center in Houston last weekend and noticed a huge heavy duty wire basket on a pallet maybe 4X4X4 feet in size nearly full of dead DeWalt battery packs being readied for disposal. Something is wrong somewhere in the engineering , design, manufacturing with system that has such a high failure rate. Only and just my opinion....Work safely!!!
                          I was using my Skil 77 and Milwaukee D-handle drill (an old one, actually made in Wisconsin) today and thinking that the cordless tools have a ways to go to replace those. Like you, I also have a Wildcat - another monster!

But cordless does definitely have it's place. You really have to have both. I use Dewalt.... and yes, that short battery life is frustrating.

Comment

Did a small job at a resort yesterday with cordless tools.1/2" ply.Got my numbers,made my cuts out in the parking lot.Installed (closet partion)them with a cordless sds,impact and drill.
                            I would never try and replace a worm drive saw with a cordless but for small jobs you bet.

Comment

This thread is 9 years old.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                                This thread is 9 years old.
                                It's an age old debate, kind of like the chicken and the egg...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X