What is your favorit toy store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorit toy store

Hmmm, nobody has mentioned Harbor Freight. Where else can you buy a 4,500 piece tool set for $1.99?

Home Depot AND Lowes for me!
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Tool Crib which has been changed to Acme tools, then Home Depot, then Northern Tool, then Lee Valley, then Grizzly Industrial, then Sears, then,then I could keep going. Victoria Secrets would be a great place if they had tools, probably wouldn't get me and the wife out of there...LOL...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
        ... Victoria Secrets would be a great place if they had tools, probably wouldn't get me and the wife out of there...LOL...
        garager you are a genius. If they had a tool section in Forever 21, or a womens' shoe section in HD my girl and I would probably be married already! I'm only half joking...it probably would work, even if it was a store in a store like the Starbucks inside Borders.
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Golf Galaxy
          Edwin Watts
          Hoe Depot
          Lowes

Comment

[quote=joe_d;71674]Hmmm, nobody has mentioned Harbor Freight. Where else can you buy a 4,500 piece tool set for $1.99?

and thats not even during their 50% of special coupon! Hee Hee! ..
            Actually .. if you have a need for a one time use cheap tool that you
            will never use again ...HarborTools can fill that bill.

Mechanics hand tools Craftman.
            Lowes or Home Depot for hardware and power tools
            Whichever has the best value for the best price.
            I do like Ridgid power tools though.

Comment

This is funny, reminds me of my son's persistent questions when he was little guy, "What's your favorite color?" "What's your favorite thing to eat?"

And my answer to "What's your favorite toy store" is the same as the answer to all his questions: I don't have a favorite. Must be a personality flaw...

When I want (er, ah, I mean need) something, I shop around to see who has what for how much and decide what to get. That includes internet shopping. [Local stores should take note on internet shopping - there's one local store I can say I consistently get decent customer service: Ace Hardware. When I go in there I always have at least one person ask me if I need help, and they know what they're talking about. Everywhere else is hit'n'miss, some days are good, some days aren't. I've been to two local specialty woodworking shops and both lacked decent CS. They both have knowledgeable folks, but they have been rude, pushy, and sometimes act like they don't have time to talk to me. I have yet to visit the Woodcraft store here...but this is probably a subject for another thread.]

Davet - I don't think all the Harbor Freight stuff is throw away. I bought a belt sander there for $27 and so far it has been a workhorse. (There's a local store here, so no shipping costs for me.)

- djb
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Amen to that. regermack. Although I usually end up buying all my "Toys" online and saving a ton of money.

Josh

Originally posted by ragermack View Post
                Golf Galaxy
                Edwin Watts

Comment

either HD or acme electric tool crib or the north

Comment

Home Depot, Lowes, Woodcraft.

Comment

My favorate toy store is a place called Dunger's Diner and while they don't sell tools, they do have some unusual items for sale.

Comment

My favorite toystore is Dawson's in Los Angeles. A bookstore (the oldest in Los Angeles) that specializes in western, California, and Los Angeles literature. I'm a book collector.

But my favorite tool store would be none of the above. It would be Colonial Supply (available by catalog or the internet) of McMaster-Car (which is more expensive) but catalog items are of quality and available.
                        the dog

Comment

The local nudie bar...

Comment

Normally I'm with the store with the best deals. But, Newman makes a good point.
                            No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

I agree with Newman,

However, Its hard for me to choose between Lowe's and the HD.

The HD is closer but customer service is real crappy. The only guy in the entire store that knows anything and is willing to ever help anyone is handicapped with a walking stick and hard to understand, I think he probalby had a stroke or something.

Lowes has aabout the same level of service, but has a much better selection of hand tools and power tool accessories.

I guess its a toss up with me. It depends on what I am looking for.

Comment

Highland hardware is a fun store in Atlanta. It is true woodworkers hardware store. But I rarely get to go and rarely can afford very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X