X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tool Rating System

Hi all. We need some sort of power tool rating system. Something from a 1-10 or 1-5 scale where you have a torque rating, a speed rating, a durabibity rating and something like an overall performance rating that users can submit telling the rest of us how their tool performs under the heavy loads and the light jobs.

Thanks.

HOW DOES YOUR TOOL PERFORM ONA SCLAE OF 1-10.

1. TORQUE?
    2. SPEED?
    3. DURABILTIY?
    3. OVERALL PERFORMANCE?

that's a great idea! But we need to get more of the traids men and women that use them every day to be the judge. Not the weekend warrior!!!

BE SAFE AND PROTECT YOUY EYES.
    Bob B
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Be safe out there folks
    Bob B
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

That's a very good idea in theory but it wouldn't be accurate at all in practice. Each rater/reviewer would have their own interpretation of what consttutes a rating of 1 and what is a 10. What might be a 5 for me could be an 8 in your eyes. Maybe it would average out OK in the long run but overall I doubt it.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The "Journal of Light Construction" does something like this on occasion. The last one, they bought combo sets of the various manufacturers and loaned them to contractors for a few months. At the end of the time they watched the workers to see which tools they chose from the various sets.

Based on this, I bought 3 Milwaukee combo sets. What was not included in the article was long term durability. after 2 months one trigger switch broke, after 13 months one sawzall broke (drive shaft) after 18 months two chargers died, within 18 months 6 batteries died (didn't slowly loose power just stopped working completely) Because the tools had been used, their failures were "Wear Related" (direct from Milwaukee Corporate which is now the same company as Rigid and Ryobi) thus the 5 year warranty did not apply.

I regret not buying the Bosch. They were rated equal to the Milwaukee. In the past my Bosch cordless drills (I bought 4 of them) were great and lasted. I bought the Milwaukee because HD doesn't sell the Bosch combo kits and HD is more convenient to me.

Comment

Working...
        X