Yay, We're Back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    You guys will spend hours pissing and moaning over a "new, improved" forum change and go right ahead and defend PEX and other new and improved crap.
    yes, it's new. but so far, i dont see how it's 'improved'
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• DanMuresan
      DanMuresan commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of the great improvements are:

• Responsive design to enable better mobile and tablet viewing - 40% of you access the site this way already so this alone is worth the upgrade!
      • Improved search functionality
      • RSS feeds to our Facebook, YouTube & Pinterest social media sites – direct link to quickly see what’s new on those sites directly from the RIDGID Forum
      • Social sharing of threads to your own Facebook, Google+ and other social media sites
      • Site stability / uptime / security

Anyone can create a new account now and hopefully this awesome community will grow!

For anyone who hasn't noticed we've had a half dozen people or so join the site since the upgrade. That's more than have joined in the last 6-months.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just like anything new it will take a while to get used to the way the new system works. Also we should remember that rolling out something like this will have issues and problems and it will take some time to iron all of those out. As someone who works in R&D developing new things I'm quite used to the development/debug cycle.

One thing I would like to see would be to have the list that shows who is on to be replaced with the list of user screen names rather than the icons - as it stands it just shows the people's avatar - you have to manually hover over each one with the cursor to see who it belongs to - since most don't have an avatar you just see a list of blank faces in the list and for those who do - unless you know who those belong to the list is not very meaningful.

Comment

• DanMuresan
        DanMuresan commented
        Editing a comment
        Blue_can, what you're asking for doesn't seem too difficult. I forwarded this to the development team and they'll put it on their 'to do's' list!

I finally got on a few days before the upgrade myself.

Comment

I cant get to Rick's new, untitled thread. it takes me to 'visitor messages' which has nothing in it.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what that's all about. I saw it this morning too and am confused too.

Rick.

• DanMuresan
          DanMuresan commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you guys have a link to that so I can see what this is about?

There is what appears to be an untitled thread with Rick's name on it but when I click on it, it is a blank visitor message.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X