If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You will be required to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
• Responsive design to enable better mobile and tablet viewing - 40% of you access the site this way already so this alone is worth the upgrade!
• Improved search functionality
• RSS feeds to our Facebook, YouTube & Pinterest social media sites – direct link to quickly see what’s new on those sites directly from the RIDGID Forum
• Social sharing of threads to your own Facebook, Google+ and other social media sites
• Site stability / uptime / security
Anyone can create a new account now and hopefully this awesome community will grow!
Just like anything new it will take a while to get used to the way the new system works. Also we should remember that rolling out something like this will have issues and problems and it will take some time to iron all of those out. As someone who works in R&D developing new things I'm quite used to the development/debug cycle.
One thing I would like to see would be to have the list that shows who is on to be replaced with the list of user screen names rather than the icons - as it stands it just shows the people's avatar - you have to manually hover over each one with the cursor to see who it belongs to - since most don't have an avatar you just see a list of blank faces in the list and for those who do - unless you know who those belong to the list is not very meaningful.