Forum member stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum member stats

Trying to figure out this new forum software . browsing the lack of features, I decided to run some stats.

The counts are as of 4/13/14 @ 6:40 am.

total forum members = 79449

total members with 1 or more post = 15886

total members with 0 post = 63563

total members with 10 or more post= 2270

total members with 100 or more post= 431

total members with 1000 or more post= 73

so based on these stats, the forum is really just being used by under 500 particpating members. And is our social page by under 100 members.

so now that the new forum software is allowing new members to actually log in and post, lets see if we can bring the forum back alive with some fresh memberships, topics, and discussions.

Pretty sure if we can get the fire back into the forum, we can get another roundup put together.

not going to happen over night, but summer is coming, and the weather is getting better in Ohio.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

All the DIY forums are pretty much dead. New comers log on to try and get free advice and once gotten, they move along. There are only so many times that we can harsh out flat rate, pex, pro press etc. it's plumbing and for professionals that do it every day it's a fairly boring subject. There is really no financial benefit to ridgid for doing another roundup for maybe 50 guys that show up. All of the guys that show up are already buying ridgid stuff and roundup or not probably won't change that. Manufacturers are all moving away from trade shows and similar activities because they just don't bring in much new revenue. Truthfully, most guys that go spend the afternoon trying to score swag. Manufacturers have been missing the advertising boat for decades. They pour their advertising dollars into ads that pretty much target a group of middle aged guys that have been buying their product for years. They need to find ways to target the trade schools and high school trade programs. Put tools and materials into younger hands who will become customers for life but, I don't see that happening either. Very free tool manufacturers are willing to support trade schools with free tools and equipment. They would rather spend millions on full page ads in the trad publications that nobody ever reads.
    sigpic

Comment

The challenge now is to grow this community and also bring new participants into it.

The New RIDGID forum comes with improved search functionalities and responsive design, social sharing buttons, stability and many other enhancements.
      All the efforts and all these changes are made for growing this community.

I hope that ‘the new home’ will welcome and encourage new visitors to stay here, and to find it friendly and intuitive!
      Dan

Comment

so now that the new forum software is allowing new members to actually log in and post, lets see if we can bring the forum back alive with some fresh memberships, topics, and discussions.

Rick.[/QUOTE]

So you think we who contribute are boring do you

Tony

Comment

One of the biggest reasons for the upgrade was that new registrations just weren't getting in. Verification emails and spam filters were making it too difficult to get in.

Comment

One of the biggest reasons why the forum worked so well in the past was because of participation on both ends.....forum members and a ridgid staff member. How many unanswered questions are there regarding plumbing products or suggestions within the past 2 years? In the past we would see a reply of "pm sent" or the member with the question would come back and say someone from Ridgid contacted them, etc. That let us know Ridgid is listening. Now....nothing. Heck I got 4 or 5 pm's from new members that can't even post and they thought I was the mod. Kinda hard to care about a place that the owners don't care about.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• sdyer
              sdyer commented
              Editing a comment
              We hear you Gear Junkie!

Over the past few weeks you may have seen the name DanMuresan pop up and responding to posts here and there.

He is part of our team and was recently chartered with getting more actively involved on the RIDGID Forum for this exact reason. He certainly isn't a product expert but is here to help and will make sure to redirect any inquiries and reply.

Know that we haven't forgotten you guys and are taking steps to increase our focus!

Hang in there!

Dan is the new me. I'll still be on but with changing responsibilities its tough to be on as much. Dan's a good guy and I am sure he will come up to speed quick. And on the product side... you cant help but learn product from being on here. I started from nothing 14 years ago and actually know a decent amount now. Same will be true for Dan.

Josh

Comment

Gear Junkie is right when I first joined this forum you were everywhere Josh and you knew what you were talking about which gave me the confidence to buy a Seesnake Plus but then you were promoted which was great for you but we on the forum were left in the dark as we only head from you occassionally which is just not good enough as someone else from Ridgid should have been appointed the day you moved and should have been all over this site answering question as you did
              Just take today you solved my problem getting onto this forum from a short cut I have been useing forever with the Cashe on my Firefox which I followed your instructions and it worked its those little tip bits that you know will solve our problems
              SDYER might be a great guy but he is just towing the company line and not giving down to earth advice to fix the problems which quite frankly is useless to us as we are not all computer geeks Rick and other have been vary helpfull but they is not part of Ridgid

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                Gear Junkie is right when I first joined this forum you were everywhere Josh and you knew what you were talking about which gave me the confidence to buy a Seesnake Plus but then you were promoted which was great for you but we on the forum were left in the dark as we only head from you occassionally which is just not good enough as someone else from Ridgid should have been appointed the day you moved and should have been all over this site answering question as you did
                Just take today you solved my problem getting onto this forum from a short cut I have been useing forever with the Cashe on my Firefox which I followed your instructions and it worked its those little tip bits that you know will solve our problems
                SDYER might be a great guy but he is just towing the company line and not giving down to earth advice to fix the problems which quite frankly is useless to us as we are not all computer geeks Rick and other have been vary helpfull but they is not part of Ridgid

Tony
                Tony, from now on, if you have any questions or concerns please ask me and I'll try to help as much as I can. As SDYER said, I'm not a product expert but I'll be around here and I'll do everything I can to help.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanMuresan View Post

Tony, from now on, if you have any questions or concerns please ask me and I'll try to help as much as I can. As SDYER said, I'm not a product expert but I'll be around here and I'll do everything I can to help.
                  Thanks Dan its great knowing someone is out there on this forum you can ask for help

Tony

Comment

When I first joined it took me a few days to get in and I finally did after I emailed Rigid, I've never been a plumber by trade but owning an older home there's always a need for some sort of plumbing job going on around here. It took me a few days to finally be able to post (or do anything else on the forum) even being logged in. When I was finally able to log in I posted a thread on the K400 and got a lot of very good information, this forum is fantastic in my opinion, responses came from many different members in a short time which were very helpful. I've always bought American made products when possible, it's getting to the point where there's not that much made in the U.S. like it use to be which saddens me and that's mainly why I bought the K400 cause it is indeed made right here in the good ole U.S.A.

Comment

Working...
                    X