Granddaughters Headed to College

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granddaughters Headed to College

Christie and Lizzie are headed to college this year. Lizzie will have the summer off to play and/or work but Christie wants to start this summer. Christie will graduate high school on June 6th and start orientation at her University June 22nd. All of her housing for the summer and first year are paid for plus summer tuition is paid for. Tonight she received an email saying she received a 50% Scholarship for her first year. She is hopping to earn her Bachelors Degree when she is still 19-years old.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Another 14 years if phoebe takes after joey and goes to college.

she already takes after me and goes to work with me.

I thought you go to college to find a bachelor and get your mrs. Degree. But what do I know, been to many colleges and they paid the piper. So who's smarter now.

Rick.

So I read this thread aloud to joey and phobe responds "Daddy"

that's my girl.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-18-2014, 08:08 AM. Reason: phoebe is up.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Congrats Mark! Time flys so get ready for graduations around the corner. Seems like yesterday we were dropping our older daughter off at Cornell, and next month she will graduate Law School.

Comment

What great Young Ladies !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Another 14 years if phoebe takes after joey and goes to college.

she already takes after me and goes to work with me.

I thought you go to college to find a bachelor and get your mrs. Degree. But what do I know, been to many colleges and they paid the piper. So who's smarter now.

Rick.

So I read this thread aloud to joey and phobe responds "Daddy"

that's my girl.
          Certainly not you. Joey had her Masters before you had your Journeyman's card. Christie is hoping to earn her Masters at a younger age than Joey did.

Mark

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            22 would be the earliest you could realistically take a journeymans test.

18 is the youngest you can legally get into an apprentiship, plus the 4 years of apprenticeship.

Not sure how old joey was when she got a masters.

Brains alone doesn't make the bacon.

Like phoebe said, DADDY.

Rick.

Forgot, she wasn't a valedictorian, I was.

Update, joey was 23, so I win again
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-18-2014, 09:56 PM.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Congrats Mark! Time flys so get ready for graduations around the corner. Seems like yesterday we were dropping our older daughter off at Cornell, and next month she will graduate Law School.
          Wow, you and your wife must be very proud.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            What great Young Ladies !
            Thanks tool

Comment

Mark we are proud or her hard work, discipline, and so much more. I am most proud that she is a good person. I have to say that while I respect anyone who works hard and gives it their best, I am in awe of scholastic ability. My younger daughter will be entering her senior year of college this September and although she does not have the same scholastic aptitude as her older sister, I am equally proud of her hard work to do well. Mark, what I am seeing with my daughters and you with your granddaughters, is the result of good family, good friends, good choices and their individual decisions to strive, and achieve higher goals.

Comment

Working...
              X