Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Update for all my friends...

Afternoon to everyone!

I've got my 5th semester under my belt and graded. I'm sad to report that I did not pass my comprehensive exam. I had to pick 4 of 8 essay questions, write 4 papers in 3.5 hours, and hand-write the papers. My mind moves so fast that I just couldn't keep up with it.

On the flip side, I have just ONE class to take over the summer for my degree.

On the POSITIVE side, I was able to participate in commencement this past weekend. Pics are attached!

Grades:
    Internship A
    Ed Tech A-
    GPA: 3.85
    CUM: 3.91

Also posted is a pic that I put together that shows me 2 years ago and on 4/23/14. I swear I was larger than the 366 that I was when I started Weight Watchers.
    Total Lost Running: 141 lbs. (just 59 lbs. away from my lifetime goal of 166 lbs which is 200 lbs. lost!) My target date to reach lifetime is January 1, 2015!

Lots of love to everyone!
    Cathy
    2012 on left and 2014 on right Nice bench pic after commencement! Not exactly the prom dress I envisioned, but a beautiful dress anyway. I will await the Prom Dress for when I reach lifetime (166 lbs.).

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Keep up the good work

Indeed.

David

Comment

Congratulations on your successes and I'm sure your future successes.

I wouldn't sweat the test too much as it can be the whim of the professor as well as their interpretation of the material as to whether things go well or not. (I know it doesn't make you pass or improve your GPA that you want to keep up though.)

I had a final Sociology exam once that was one question with three hours to answer it. I thought about this, wrote one sentence that was the answer, handed it to the professor, and walked out in less than 5 minutes looking back at everyone that was writing like mad. They looked up stunned.

I got an A. True. Sometimes it's all B.S.

Comment

congratulations my dear. you are doing an awesome job on whatever you set your mind to. there are always little failures but the overall deed is what matters.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes. Using my current new-found knowledge here at RIDGID! Whoo hoo! And, now it's almost time for lunch. Wonder if the weather is decent enough for a lunch time walk?

Comment

Not here. 104 you'll melt today. Should start to drop off for the rest of the week.

maybe when it cools some, a west coast field trip is In the works. Phoebe likes to entertain out of town guest. Especially from ridgid.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Wow what a great job ! You will enjoy your new life in many ways ! We're all " Proud Papas "
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Rick, a west coast visit is definitely a GREAT idea. BUT, it may have to wait until the beginning of next year. My 25th High School reunion is planned for the fall. I'm on the committee to arrange it and am looking forward to going. BUT (again), I can't wait to meet Phoebe!

Comment

Toolaholic, I LOVE all you guys! You are very inspirational to me and would be PROUD to consider all of you family!

Comment

You belong to Us, Dear ! Any other forum hits on You , They'll have to deal with Us !!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You're too funny Tool! All my protective "dads!"

Comment

Working...
                        X