No announcement yet.

Can somebody explain???????

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody explain???????

I get confused when I see a post that says started by "xyz' (or whoever) with no subject and it reads like one half of a conversation. What gives?

+1 I quit even opening them up anymore because if they do have a purpose I fail to see it. Maybe its a secret code that Plumbers talk in.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

New forum software is showing everyting and anything. It even alerts us when someone else gets a visitor message.

make sure you're appropriately dressed. I can see when others have thier web cam turned on and it ain't always pretty

phoebe it is

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Maybe its a secret code that Plumbers talk in.

Yeah, trying to decipher all those grunts and farts can be a challenge.

Welcome to another day in Paradise guys.....................heheheheeeheeheee

i think so you can post another day

That's not a bug it's a feature!

Honestly, I consider this version of the forum software a step backward. It's one reason I have not been in here as often as in the past, but some of you probably appreciate that.

They must have some former MS coders working for vBulletin now.

Look how much real estate a one line post takes up on the screen, forcing you to scroll down to see the whole thread. Didn't use to be that way as I remember it.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

• Josh
                Josh commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm gonna work at finding how to hide those in the listing.

This issue has been remedied. I have always felt that visitors messages were confusing anyways.

Should just be regular forum posts showing up now.

BTW.... as far as the upgrade we very much want to know if there are still things that you guys feel are broken in the new forum software. The reason we upgraded was because we were getting 3000+ fake registrations a day because of spam robots signing up. vb 4.2 had holes in it that 5 plugged.

Please let us know if anything else isn't working as you would expect.

Thanks, Josh

it use to be that a push of a button would bring up all of todays post. seems to be missing and it's a pita to see what's new. even with the what's new button, it misses almost everything unless i log off everytime.

i was able to mark threads read and then go back to all of todays post.

is it just me, or is everyone having the same issues?

phoebe it is

When thanking someone why isn`t it shown at the bottom of the thread as before instead having to press AFM at the top right corner to access thanks