All Natural vs Chemical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Natural vs Chemical

All Natural is said to be simple,and should not cost more than the chemical laden variety. Allow consumers a more healthy choice at the same price !

Did you get a new job, Frankie?

Comment

• Frankiarmz
      Frankiarmz commented
      Editing a comment
      No Kid, I'm a natural consumer advocate.

Frankie,

the term "chemical" can apply to just about any compound, including water. Please expound upon your definition.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

The word chemical referred to any ingredient not "Natural", or necessary to natural ice cream such as artificial color, sweetener, thickeners including carageen, preservative, texture stabilizer, etc. Even All Natural cannot be trusted, for example Breyers "All Natural uses tara wood gum to keep ice cream, creamy as it defrosts and refreezes in stores or refridgerators. Tara wood gum may be from nature but I don't want it in my ice cream. Natural ice cream is made from milk, eggs sugar and real flavors, salt (vanilla bean, coco bean, coffee, natural strawberry, etc). We should pay the same price for simple natural ingredients free from all the chemicals found in ice creams not sold as all natural.

Comment

most likely a large portion of the all natural is the milk or cream used, If one is not going to use any hormones any meds in the care of there animals, one is going to have a more difficult time finding a supplier, if one is not using Normal Practices, and stepping back to the 1950's for your production model,

thus the raw products are more expensive, IF the milk is organic milk, the cows are feed all certified organic grains non GMO, no modern fertilizers, and no chemicals can have been on the ground for a period of three years, ~~and in that aspect the yields are normally less, because one is not taking advantages of the science progress that has take place in the last 40 years,
        even natural fertilizers are restricted in there use, and all is documented and inspected and certified,
        the products are not the "normal" and the cost is going to be higher,

could the phone company of the 1960's compete with the modern wireless phone companies of to day? When you all natural or Organic the cost is going to be more, if they plan on staying in business,

you old telephone equipment was built to more than military specifications, the modern is nearly junk, but few care as in 6 months it will be obsolete, and the new and better is wanted.

But if your one who want the old ATT desk phone and were to produce them to day, you would pay a lot for it, probably as much as a modern smart phone and all it could do is dial out and ring, and be tied to a wall,

that is a little like what organic and all natural farming is like to step back in to the 60's or further back, all natural is not as stringent as organic,

Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

• Frankiarmz
          Frankiarmz commented
          Editing a comment
          I have absolutely no problem with hormones, or antibiotics used in raising livestock, and subsequently ending up in meat or dairy products. I am simply against manufacturers overpricing for the a product absent of all the junk I mentioned previously. I do not eat organic, and when it comes to my ice cream it do not eat unnecessary stabilizers, thickeners, artificial flavors, sweeteners. I am not foolish enough to expect farmers and food manufacturers can stay in business using outdated practices, but I know milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, and natural flavors are still the ingredients in a simple basic ice cream and we the consumers should not be charged more for such a product.

as far as i know, salt is not a part of ice cream, it is a part of the process to make it.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Ok I will try one more time, my guess is natural strawberries are more expensive than strawberry flavoring, and I an sure why corn sweeteners are so popular is they cost less than beet or cane sugars,

thus a ice cream made with real strawberries and real beet or cane sugar,
          most like would cost more than one made with a flavoring and corn sweetener syrup,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

• Frankiarmz
            Frankiarmz commented
            Editing a comment
            Well if you are going to use facts to make your point, I have no response. Just keep this to yourself because I still want that "All Natural" ice cream for the same price. Thanks. Frank

• Plumber Punky
            Plumber Punky commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct, and dont forget "real cream", not milk

Frankie, for 39 bucks you can get an ice cream maker and make your own.

There are 117 discovered elements. All molecules and compounds are made up of one or some of them. Therefore, everything is all natural. And of course you should pay more. You get more. LOL
          sigpic

Comment

NHM, I have an ice cream maker, lots of work and yes, the ingredients are costly. I still want the natural for the same price, call me a stubborn consumer. Like I said earlier, tara wood gum and the other so called natural ingredients not found in their natural product may occur in nature but I find no excuse to eat them! Really not a big deal because at the rate manufacturers are shrinking size, what was once a half gallon will soon be 2oz.

Comment

Have you tried shrimp flavored Ice Cream yet........ Absolutely disgusting.
              sigpic

Comment

No, and I don't care if it's all natural! Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and, coffee are my range. Did you really feel the need to try shrimp? Seriously?

Comment

Ya see it on the board, ya gotta try it
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X