Made in the USA or not.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in the USA or not.

was at our local hardware store this afternoon and they had their monthly sales flyer out. picked up a few items and then a wall thermometer with birds for phoebes room. front of the thermometer says made in usa, the box it came in was printed with a made in usa proudly displayed. but right below it was a decal that states made in china. can't picture that it's usa made at $5.00, but at the same time the face of it still has a made in usa logo.

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Could it have been assembled in the USA out of Chinese and USA made parts, the base and cover china, the pictures and assembly in USA
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

you should contact them and see what they say (from their web site) :

Questions? Contact Customer Support at
      (877) 221-1252 or visit www.AcuRite.com.

Found their email info@chaney-inst.com
      Last edited by mbhydro; 05-23-2014, 06:25 PM. Reason: added email

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually i did this morning. i think i stumped the cs person. but he was going to check with his higher ups to find an answer. told him to either remove the made in usa or made in china. can't have them both. the made in china was a decal on the back of the printed box.

Rick.

Could it be the packaging was made in USA and the thermostat made in china???

Comment

Oop. For some reason when I saw this last night, I wasn't able to see the photos. So, my suggestion was useless.

Comment

Don't tell me they're starting that again. Just after the war Japan named a small island USA so they could manufacture crap and have it say made in USA. But something that was made in America says MADE IN U.S.A. Get it?

Comment

What`s the matter do want your cake and eat it too as well most of the US`s largest companies are in China and then selling them to you Americans who cannot get enough of there cheap items and now you want them made at home as well give me a break

Tony

Comment

not really. it's more like buying a diesel work truck and when you go to fill it the first time, it says on the fuel door, gasoline only.

it doesn't matter if it was a 5.00 clock or a 50,000 truck. if it's says made in the usa in bold print on the front of the clock, you can't put a made in china decal on the box just below the also printed box that says made in the usa. it is or it isn't.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I agree that it either is, or is not. I see the bigger problem of how all these practices along with the damage already done to our economy will eventually play out. My twenty year old daughter just had her tonsils out the other day and we were told to give her apple juice to drink. The first container I bought at our local riteaid pharmacy was made in china, a trip to my super market revealed some that we produced in turkey!
                Our economy is open to all, but not the same can be said of foreign markets. I still see our trade deficit, and other economic dynamics such as unemployment and entitlement spending as something that can either be sustained, or not. Common sense tells me in order to sustain there must be meaningful change across the board. The made in U.S.A. sticker is important for what it represents, but looking at the bigger picture we have many serious issues to resolve if our economy is to survive on the world stage.
                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 06-02-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Apparently.......Yes you can
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Rick, I agree that it either is, or is not. I see the bigger problem of how all these practices along with the damage already done to our economy will eventually play out. My twenty year old daughter just had her tonsils out the other day and we were told to give her apple juice to drink. The first container I bought at our local riteaid pharmacy was made in china, a trip to my super market revealed some that we produced in turkey!
                    Our economy is open to all, but not the same can be said of foreign markets. I still see our trade deficit, and other economic dynamics such as unemployment and entitlement spending as something that can either be sustained, or not. Common sense tells me in order to sustain there must be meaningful change across the board. The made in U.S.A. sticker is important for what it represents, but looking at the bigger picture we have many serious issues to resolve if our economy is to survive on the world stage.

Yes and the most important thing is to stop printing money and living within your means and that is what our government in Australia is trying to tell us with the budget it bought down a couple of weeks ago their cutting every government program the welfare state is over here

Tony

Comment

I think its important to understand that as economies and nations develop, the shift in manufacturing changes also. The Chinese are about where we were at the turn of the century. They have a market eager to purchase manufactured goods at low prices and they are able to supply a good deal of them because their government has not yet implemented policies that protect worker rights or the environment. As their economy grows, their people will gradually realize all the inequities of the system and like us and western Europe, they will begin to form labor unions and demand higher pay and better working conditions. As they continue to educate their population, those folks will press for environmental restrictions and democracy in their government. In short, they will evolve to where we and most of the rest of the world is and as they do, two things will happen. One, some other 3rd world country will take over manufacturing on the cheap and they will import more of the technical goods and such from us and western Europe. It wasn't all that long ago that we called Japanese manufactured goods crap, but how long did that last? If I recall, it only took about 30 to 35 years for Japan to go from producing cheap goods to the point where we no longer consider their products crap and in fact most believe that their cars and motorcycles are as good or better than those manufactured by us.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Cleanmen2
                        Cleanmen2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like your optimism NH but I think the China Syndrome is not going away anytime soon. They cant afford Capitalism. There are, like India too, still classes of haves and have-nots

NHM, I'm pretty sure the people of china already realize the inequities, unfortunately without civil rights I doubt they will ever succeed in forming Unions or any other movement to right the wrongs. The brutal government of china will continue perpetrate crimes against humanity, pollute the earth and damage our economy. They don't believe in "Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness"! Our one saving grace is that as our country is slowly taken over by islamists they will not tolerate the new infidels of communist china.

Comment

I suppose only time will tell but I think it will happen sooner than you think.
                        sigpic

Comment

NHM, are you referring to the populace of china rising up against a brutal government, or the islamists taking over our country?

Comment

Working...
                          X