No announcement yet.

New Forum Improvement Requests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh, that solved my problem. Thanks. The small font was impossible to read on my tablet. Setting it to large brought the text size up to 1/8" which is much easier to read.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Bob, I have tested this out in every browser I can and cant replicate the problem. See attached for IE, Chrome, and Firefox. No cropping on any of them. Does this happen on all threads?

Josh
      I just checked again. Firefox will load picture fine in any size (CTL+) AND allow you to scroll the picture with the bar on the right up-down if it is too large i.e. "cropped" at the top. So no issue now for whatever reason.

Google Chrome works if you don't have the page to large now. No cropping at the top. If the page is increased for viewing, then the picture can get cropped at the top and you (or I) CANNOT scroll the picture down with the bar at the right.

Could just be me and may need no further addressing. Firefox seems to work fine now.

Thanks.

Comment

Posted a couple of times in the past 5 minutes. Both times I hit "Post Reply" and it says "Working" at the top. Then takes about 5 seconds to load the comment/post. Normal? Just seems very slow.

Comment

The biggest improvement would b not having the screen jump up and down for the first 30 seconds after you open the damn thing. Probably a tablet issue but it sucks.
          sigpic

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            and i thought that was just me.

thanks.

rick.

• Josh
            Josh commented
            Editing a comment
            Is this on win 8 tablet? I amusing ipad and not seeing the jumping. Can you describe what it does. We will try and remedy it. Thanks, josh

on my windows 8 laptop it's not an issue.

on my samsung galaxy android tablet, it will jump back and forth when i try to go to the bottom post, it will jump to the top. as bob mentioned it does this for a short period of time. also i notice it will randomly apply double letters at the start of words like this- eexample. this seems to be only with my tablet and not my pc laptop. glad to see it's not just me, but others on a tablet/ android.

might be time to upgrade to an apple

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

It does it on my IPad 4s. Running safari. I may try the app but the last time I did I hate the environment
            sigpic

Comment

Here's something I just noticed is missing from the old forum software version. That's the pop-up image viewer.
              Remember when there were multiple photos in a post you could click on one and a window would pop up displaying only the photo, then you could click on the arrows to see the next or previous photos.

What happened to that feature? I liked that much better than the way it works now.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Here's something I just noticed is missing from the old forum software version. That's the pop-up image viewer.
                Remember when there were multiple photos in a post you could click on one and a window would pop up displaying only the photo, then you could click on the arrows to see the next or previous photos.

What happened to that feature? I liked that much better than the way it works now.
                I have that on my end. That's what I was discussing earlier. The pop-up viewer for pictures would come up but cut off some pics at the top with no way to scroll them. You could advance through them though, just as you describe.

It's an updated looking viewer. Pops up on the same page you're on but darker where you can see parts of the main page behind it at the borders.

Comment

Working...
                X