Prayer request from my friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer request from my friends

Hey guys, I consider a lot of you guys friends and I am asking you that are believers to send up some prayers for me and the wife. It's been almost 10 weeks now since the wife moved out. It's been a really stressful roller coaster ride of emotional confusion. There's a lot of issues that are the root of this that I will not divulge here but we are going to need a lot of healing and prayer to get through this. I am hopeful that we can make it through this nightmare and end up stronger on the otherside. I truly believe in prayer and that God will help us through this. She finally committed to going to couples counseling which is a huge step. Love you guys, Matt

I send prayer and positive thoughts. Stay strong.

Comment

I respect Your coming here for help. You both will be in My morning and evening prayers. I no longer go to church, but pray for friends and family. Remember the Lord listens to sinners prayers FIRST ! Having said that, It'll all work out . Kevin
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

prayers said
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Me and my house will be in the deep praying position for you and yours.

Comment

Matt, best wishes to you and the mrs.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. It actually got pretty heated tonight. But things that needed to be said were said and we'll see how she handles it. She wasn't to happy with me, actually hung up on me, but she apologized and continued the conversation when I called her back. This is hell on earth my friends. PLEASE, talk to your spouse about even the most trivial things so you don't end up growing apart or getting angry about the stupid crap and even the really big important stuff. I also recommend that you that are married, GET COUNSELING! I dont care if you have been married 1 year or 50, see a couples therapist. I will never not see one again, regardless if her and I work this out or not. I would wish no one damn thing I have gone through to anyone, not even someone I hate...

Comment

Matt, don't know if there is any winning formula for a good marriage but communication is one important element. The wife and I have thirty one years under the belt and it's still a rollercoaster. I think it's a small miracle for any marriage to survive considering all the variables. I will say a prayer because I too believe in the power of prayer. You have a lot of caring folks pulling for, please stay strong, and patient, and understanding, and open to whatever God has planned. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Matt, don't know if there is any winning formula for a good marriage but communication is one important element. The wife and I have thirty one years under the belt and it's still a rollercoaster. I think it's a small miracle for any marriage to survive considering all the variables. I will say a prayer because I too believe in the power of prayer. You have a lot of caring folks pulling for, please stay strong, and patient, and understanding, and open to whatever God has planned. Frank
                  Well said Frank !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We are both too fat and ugly to start over again so we maintain the truce lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys.... its not looking good...

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                        Thanks guys.... its not looking good...
                        Don't give up. We're not done praying.

Comment

Not to sound too simplistic but I pray they have the strength to change the things they can and as the saying goes, accept the things they cannot. Not everything can be fixed, damage undone. I hope they find peace, joy, and happiness going forward whether it is together or apart.

Comment

Thanks Frank! I know I've confided in you during this ordeal and I thank you very much for your advice and wisdom, and definitely prayers. I also thank you for keeping the details private! Its been over 48 hours since our last contact. I left the ball in her court, and am starting to lose my mind, but need to stick to my guns and not contact her... Its her decision, not mine, I already know what I want.

Comment

My pleasure Matt. Those days of suffering in silence should be behind us! We make mistakes and learn a few things as we go through life, why limit our experiences to the trades? Confiding in anyone is a leap of faith, but I'd like to think most people would take the opportunity to help their fellow man. Our individual situations are serious, unique to us, and won't be easily fixed with words. So we take one day at a time and see what twists and turns life throws our way. While our prayers are meant for the Lord to hear, I thimk it,s nice to know others folks are pulling for us.
                              Matt I sure hope things work for you, and yoir wife. Keep that positive attitude, be good to yourself. Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X