No announcement yet.

Prayer request from my friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I'd like to say my situation will be better, but I'm afraid it may not be. I'm 150k + upside down in the house with no way to pay for it myself. It could easily end up a pretty ugly divorce. Thank Jesus that there is no children involved.

Comment

Get my PM? Sell out. No emotional attachment to anything. Leave with your truck and tools. You'll win in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
        Wow... That was something else. AFM, for your information, it came to light that my wife, regardless of relationship status, is a habitual cheater. Something I unfortunately did not find out about until 9 years in. She admitted to cheating on me, and for no real reason, just that she has a bad habit of doing it. I know I am airing my laundry here, but at this point I feel it necessary to explain myself. Yes, I could have been home more, yes I could have helped more around the house, yes I could have taken her on walks by the lake.... BUT, nothing that wouldnt have been solved with simple communication. I was happy, and had no reason to believe she wasn't. And on top of that, it turns out, she didnt need to be unhappy to cheat, she admitted to cheating even while happy in a relationship. I'll be honest, I am mad at myself for never asking about her past, but I fell in love with the gal I met. The gal that admitted to a rough past that had changed her ways and never wanted to go back. Well, something happened and she regressed. She went back to the ways of compulsive lying and cheating. She has admitted to sleeping with 2 guys, but I have a feeling there is more. She has abandon God and her thoughtful ways for selfishness. Its heart breaking. I love my wife, told her everyday. I never cheated, I never hit her, never argued, never yelled at her... I simply loved her. And, I got **** on. Does that mean I will change, no, I wont. I will continue to be the loving person that I truly am. Could I have done things differently? Damn right I could have, but in all honesty, it wouldn't have made a difference. She is fighting a demon that I can't not tackle, its her fight, not mine. She has cheated on every guy (she admitted to this) shes been with... and its well into the double digits, again, something I didnt know and never cared to know. I have to cherish the years that were good, as they were pretty damn good. Almost like a drug addict, she slipped into a past that unfortunately has destroyed our marriage. I pray that none of you ever go through what I have been through.
        You know, sometimes that behavior is a sickness, like and addiction that whatever the cause can be very difficult to break. Unfortunately the damage done is usually beyond the partners ability to forgive and healing generally means a lot of counsiling which she may or may not be willing to do.
        sigpic

Comment

While I offer my condolences, your situation is sadly far too common, (And my family wonders why I don't date). For that I offer something far more useful than a wish and a prayer: A warning.

Hopefully it isn't too little too late.
          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marily...iding_money_or

There was a another one I found before that was easier to read, but the site has been reconstructed recently, and so it's now lost.

Comment

Good post Tailgunner, forewarned is forearmed! On the subject of prayer/faith, we are supposed to be somewhat respectful on this Forum. I won't call a person who does not share my beliefs "stupid", but when they feel the need to drive home their ideals with insults it shows their lack of respect and manners. Here we have a fellow Forum member who reached out for support, and rather than offer that support some feel the need to attack the idea of prayer. The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand!

Comment

I can't say I pray for anyone or anything but I do hope, I guess is the word. Truthfully though, this probably isn't the right forum for this kind of thing.
              sigpic

Comment

NHM, we are witnessing an evolution here, soon the days of men suffering in silence will be gone. I applaud Matt for reaching out and sharing, and while none of us are forced to respond, I think it's great to show support anyway we can. This does not have to be a dedicated religious site for us to offer a prayer or words of encouragement. We can choose to keep our upsets bottled up and suffer the consequences (ulcers, heart attacks), or we can share. Remember "Good Friends, multiply our joys and divide our sorrows". Twice over the years I responded to individuals on different sites who were talking about suicide, and I believe my words helped. There is certainly the need for moderation, too much of anything can be a problem. Anyone care to discuss politics and world events?

Comment

• BobsPlumbing
                  BobsPlumbing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure I have the time to correct you on everything Frankie.

Yea, I support him. Divorces are always a messy thing. My divorce cost me close to a million in property and lawyers fees not to mention the upset too everyone. The worst part though is the dividing up of the friends.
                sigpic

Comment

• Frankiarmz
                  Frankiarmz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ouch! So sorry. I've heard it is a very painful event, guess that's why the divorce rates are not higher?

Hey Matt! My first marriage was about exactly what you are going through and it was tough on the mind but a friend back then told me "It only gets better" sure maybe not the first few months but he was spot on right and you will be fine as time goes on. Good luck bro!
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  Hey Matt! My first marriage was about exactly what you are going through and it was tough on the mind but a friend back then told me "It only gets better" sure maybe not the first few months but he was spot on right and you will be fine as time goes on. Good luck bro!
                  No it doesn't, not in this day in age. That may have been true when civil court was indeed civil, but not today.
                  Don't believe me? Go ahead, miss one alimony payment. Watch what happens to a tradesman's license. No thank you.
                  To many times I have seen others piss on THAT electric fence.
                  Last edited by tailgunner; 07-28-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                    No it doesn't, not in this day in age. That may have been true when civil court was indeed civil, but not today.
                    Don't believe me? Go ahead, miss one alimony payment. Watch what happens to a tradesman's license. No thank you.
                    To many times I have seen others piss on THAT electric fence.
                    Well, bless your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post

Well, bless your heart.
                      Heh, you should have seen what I deleted!
                      At any rate, all that is left is "an ounce of prevention..." as the saying goes. It's too bad, it really is.

Comment

The paperwork for my divorce fills to file cabinets. We were in court so many time we were on a first name basis with the judge.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Good post Tailgunner, forewarned is forearmed! On the subject of prayer/faith, we are supposed to be somewhat respectful on this Forum. I won't call a person who does not share my beliefs "stupid", but when they feel the need to drive home their ideals with insults it shows their lack of respect and manners. Here we have a fellow Forum member who reached out for support, and rather than offer that support some feel the need to attack the idea of prayer. The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand!

O Frank I didn`t think you cared but the only way to get to the point is to stir the pot and if you are going to speak in riddles about any subject and reach out for help on this forum then you should have what you say I don`t manners and respect and to tell it the way it is and eventually Alphacowboy did to his credit and I think he feels a lot better for it I`m not laughing or crowing about his misfortune but I am laughing at the way some of you carry on about your faith in pray and all the God fearing crap you go on about its pity you don`t practise what you preach

Tony

Comment

• ArizonaPlumber
                            ArizonaPlumber commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're right about one thing AFM, I need more practice.

But Tony, very few religious folks practice what they preach. The whole point of religion is too recognize your shortcomings and keep working to improve yourself. Well, unless you forget that part.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X