Non Payer Revenge...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Payer Revenge...

What would be some interesting ways to seek revenge on those who are capable but choose not to pay their service bills?

I'm getting tired of some of these smug azz people. It doesn't make any sense to spend more $$$ and go to court over bills that are under $200.00 and they probably still will never pay.

We rarely had a problem but we did have one where the owner of a rental wanted me to lie the insurance company and say the problem was under the slab and not in the yard. I refused so he wouldn't pay us. I sued him in small claims court and his defence it court was that I would not lie to the insurance company. The judge went off on him and we got a judgment. After a month we still were not paid so I contacted him. He told me we got a judgement but it didn't say when he had to pay us. I told him in fact it did and he blew me off. My wife went to his home and wrote down the plates on his cars and found which ones he owned free and clear. We then petitioned the court to seize his personal property. The judge put him in a room with my wife and a deputy. The deputy took his keys and told him he needed to pay her or go to jail for contempt. He pulled out his checkbook and the deputy told him he needed to walk to the bank and get cash. My wife said a check was fine and the deputy told him if it bounced he would come to his house and arrest him. The check cleared.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

most likely it will cost you in the long run to "get revenge" as most likely there will have some law on there side and use it against you.

from what I looked it appears to list them as dead beat on the net is against the law in most areas, check your laws for your state and city before listing there names on some dead beat site,

what ever you chose to do make sure you have the law on your side, as it appears to be stacked against the business, or the owner.

get cash up front, if you think there will be a problem,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Replace "revenge" with "pressure" and you have some creative options to motivate your customer to pay. Send them a letter stating that if you don't receive payment within x days you are going to report their delinquent account to the credit bureau. Also indicate that negative payment history in their credit file will affect their ability to seek credit terms on new purchases and refinancing, and has a long-term negative impact on their finances.

For a credit bureau to accept your report of a non-payer, your business has to be a paid subscriber to the bureau. But the customer doesn't know if you are a member or not. A simple letter may be enough to persuade them to pay.

Comment

Woman tried to screw me over, after I cleaned a drain for the price I quoted and wouldn't pay
          as she found someone on Craig's list that said they would do it cheaper.

She was a manager at a Dental Office so I sent the bill there with Big Red Letters
          that her bill was over due and delinquent.

She bitched and sent a check.

Comment

• ToUtahNow
            ToUtahNow commented
            Editing a comment
            Be careful. You could be sued for sending it to her work like that.

• fixitright
            fixitright commented
            Editing a comment
            You may be right. Next time I'll leave the envelope empty and no return address.
            Send a few a week. Get even nastier with, Dead beat so and so.

I so dislike crooked folks. There's info out there to do more deeds.

I've had the sheriff called on me for making one house call asking for payment. He told me if I went on his property again I would be arrested.

Comment

• fixitright
            fixitright commented
            Editing a comment
            The Sheriff owed you money? Lol

• AssTyme
            AssTyme commented
            Editing a comment
            No, he called the sheriff and filed a complaint.The sheriff then called me.

I had a state representative owe me a good chunk once years ago. Back then you could get away with beating up folks or at least intimidating them. I was worried though, beat up a state rep and have the National Guard at my door

Comment

Sure, talk about this and more comes. Customer this morning says his renters main is plugged. Go there, test everything and no problems. Charged him $10.00 less than my hourly charge I quoted him and he sends me a bad review?????

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
              Sure, talk about this and more comes. Customer this morning says his renters main is plugged. Go there, test everything and no problems. Charged him $10.00 less than my hourly charge I quoted him and he sends me a bad review?????

When this happens to me I always run the line anyway because it will most likely back up again plus I'm charging for my time. Where did he leave the review?

Comment

Was a newer house, lots of kids, no trees and it was only a toilet not flushing. A nightmare to get to the clean out. Lot's more but it would only come out sounding racist. Review was on Square so no one will see it. Plus text messages to the point I had to block his calls.

He tried to get me down on the price saying he had lots of properties. You know the line.

He's just a bit angry today, the weather sucks. I need a beer.

Mark

Comment

• AssTyme
                  AssTyme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So do you think he will pay you?

• fixitright
                  fixitright commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, he did over the phone with a credit card (square) so I thought no big deal.
                  Then he started a ***** fest. It was a cluster over there.

I am so sorry you guys have to go through this kind of treatment by folks who benefit from your hard work and experience! The times I've had tradesmen working in my home, I treated the right, asked questions but did not haggle the price. I understand you have bills to pay, families to provide for. Perhaps in some cases its just ignorance? When I hurt my arm a while back, I had our plumber replace 1/2" copper T. Only took him ten minutes, and he charged us $100. My wife was kind of upset because she has seen me do this sort of thing many times, but I explained it is his living! The call is not free, he is not in business to do favors. I don't know how you keep your calm because not paying for work done is stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I am so sorry you guys have to go through this kind of treatment by folks who benefit from your hard work and experience! The times I've had tradesmen working in my home, I treated the right, asked questions but did not haggle the price. I understand you have bills to pay, families to provide for. Perhaps in some cases its just ignorance? When I hurt my arm a while back, I had our plumber replace 1/2" copper T. Only took him ten minutes, and he charged us $100. My wife was kind of upset because she has seen me do this sort of thing many times, but I explained it is his living! The call is not free, he is not in business to do favors. I don't know how you keep your calm because not paying for work done is stealing.

Yes, it is stealing. I'm thinking maybe I should go to his home and take something of my liking to even the score. But then I would probably get arrested for my theft.

Comment

We keep a list of deadbeats, on a sheet of paper pinned to the wall of our superintendants office, I think the the list is about 20 deep since 1969 most of them restaurants, which is a notoriously rough business in San Diego. It more a source of amusement since we all can appreciate that it sucks not to able to pay your bills, still one or two on the list were complete $&@holes. Passing on the cost of doing business sucks but your not a public servant, money talks bull$&@?walks.
                    Last edited by Mightyservant; 05-20-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I had a customer one time who didn't want pay because I charged him to much according to his handy man. I called his "handyman" and proceeded to explain that I'm a plumber and not a piece of chit handyman and that if he or his customer didn't pay me I would beat his azz for talking. The next day I got a phone call from the Home owner to go pick up the cash.

Comment

Back around 1969 I had a new Jeep and plowed private driveways during the winter. I got a new customer with a beautiful large home and horseshoe driveway. He gave me a verbal OK for $35.00 per storm. 2 passes and I collect the next day. I ring His bell , Need My $35. " what are You trying to pull Kid , I shoveled this with My Brother inlaw " . I smiled " Sorry My mistake " and left. Next blizzard at about 2 AM Sully is plowing the whole street into His drive. I bet He's still shoveling. " Don't screw an Irishman " Never did this BUTT I could take 2 Diablo 9" metal cutting saws blades and braze them end to end , giving 18" cutting depth. In a mild climate on a rainy night. Walk it across customers side of water service. Hmm.
                        Last edited by toolaholic; 05-23-2017, 09:09 PM.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                        X