Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone has deleted about 600 of my posts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't contribute a whole lot on here, I just went and looked and I can't find any of my posts in my history for Bob D's projects so I wonder if you guys are onto something about certain members posts being deleted. Which in turn would delete my reply to the topic.

I too remember about a decade ago when the wood working forums were full of information. That all got grouped into one tab and most of the contributing members quit posting.

I hope the forum doesn't suffer to much from this latest setback. I need Frank to keep some pressure on new tools, I really want a 700 ft lb impact wrench

Comment

• Bob D.
      Bob D. commented
      Editing a comment
      "I too remember about a decade ago when the wood working forums were full of information.
      That all got grouped into one tab and most of the contributing members quit posting."

I remember that too. The Forum was much more active back then but that is probably due in part to changes with the way people interact on the WWW now. FB, IG, Twitter have all changes the way we communicate, not saying its good or bad, just saying its changed and older forms of communication are falling by the wayside as has always happened throughout history.

You can't send a telegram anymore, commercially anyway, and it's probably getting difficult to find a Ham who will take a message and knows how to pass it on through the NTS.

Probably IT guy freeing up some space.

Comment

Doubtful
      -Byron

Comment

We could all go back to http://draincleaningforum.com and revive the dead!

Comment

Perhaps they have sub'ed out the maintenance to some not ready for prime time players.

Comment

If you guys want a place you can go post without fear of losing posts, I can add a Ridgid Forum to my site ("pumpsandtanks.com"). You can post all you like there without any admins or mods looking over your shoulder because I would be the only Admin there. It's a vBulletin Forum but has a different look than this one.

Comment

• Plumber Punky
              Plumber Punky commented
              Editing a comment
              That forum is closing down next Friday. Bought out and new owner doesnt want it.

• speedbump
              speedbump commented
              Editing a comment
              It may be taken over by a couple of the regulars. We will have to wait and see.

I think I figured out why others may be missing only a few posts as opposed to my 600+ postings.
            Any of the threads that I started over the past 14 months that had responses from anyone else
            lost their posts too when the originating post of the thread was deleted because the entire thread
            got deleted if you can follow my twisted theory. I hope they figure out a way to restore all the
            information and photos in those posts.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

• MAS
              MAS commented
              Editing a comment
              I think your theory is correct. My post count is down also.

Mine is still missing posts.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

All of my posts from before this thread are missing and it has nothing to do with deleted threads i was wiped (almost) clean from the site. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170926-025356.png
Views:	1
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	722368
              -Byron

Comment

I don't know if I'm missing any part of my count, I just don't pay that much attention. It's showing something in the mid-3,000's which is probably about right as I'm not a consistent poster.

But you know the site needs some attention when guys like Bob D and Badger Dave are still showing as "Junior Members"... at least on my computer.

CWS

Comment

To me it looks like everyone is a Junior Member, even Rick.
                  And it didn't used to be that way but it's only a label, it means
                  nothing in the grand scheme of things.
                  "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

the grand scheme of things is that the forum software blows and the admin refuses to keep anyone updated. because they dont care
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                    X