Carbon-Ion batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon-Ion batteries

They promise to bring dramatic change to battery powered products of all sorts which if true might make electric cars a reality for regular folks. Among their claims is that they take minutes to charge, are safer to use, more recyclable. This will be good news for cordless tool users who need high performance daily. It will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition but I've got a hunch it will be phones then cordless tools. Apparently the firm behind the technology is going to license them to a firm in communist china, what a shock. Pun intended.

Graphene! Been waiting for this technology for years!

Comment

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they're coming out, agreements have been reached to get them made in mainland china but I don't know in what product. The developer touts transportation, cordless tools but I don't see why you'd stop there.
      Last edited by Mightyservant; 10-10-2017, 03:00 PM.

That will come never

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGStCnfsljAwGStCnfsljA, hobbyking has one for R/C applications.

Comment

I don't think it's quite same Frankie, I've included the link, poke around the web and you'll be able to get a little more information on it.

The question for me now is do I wait another couple of years to see what's unfolds? I've had a old set of cordless tools I'd like to donate although they still work ok but I'm just ready for a lighter weight set of either 18 or 20 volt tools.

Its is cool they have graphene batteries, there is obviously a lot of smart guys working on creating better batteries.
        Last edited by Mightyservant; 10-11-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Mightyservant, I'm sixty four years old. I have seen the evolution of cordless tools and batteries, and its been amazing! I am very pleased with the lithium ion batteries available from Ridgid, and Milwaukee. Only you can decide how much longer you want to wait. Technology is constantly improving, do we hold off buying laptops, flat screens, and cellphones indefinitely? No, we bite the bullet. I'm into led flash lights that use 18650, and other unusual batteries. I'm looking forward to those with the carbon technology. Consider that the major tool brands are sitting on a lot of lithium ion batteries, which must sell before new stock is offered. You might have a long wait? Good luck.

Comment

• Mightyservant
            Mightyservant commented
            Editing a comment
            I've got to be honest, I'm inclined to wait, this dinosaur set works fine other than being a little heavy and nicked up plus it's a hard case that packs up nicely. What's the deal with the LED with lights, for inspection?

My interest in led lights probably goes back to my childhood and being afraid of the dark. I just like the convenience of having a bright flashlight handy as I go in my basement, walk around my property at night, or need to work on the cars. Years ago a two AA penlight offered little light, or runtime, the maglite was an improvement, but these led lights turn night into day! I can't afford the high end stuff, but its actually a hobby. Candlepowerforums.com

Comment

• Mightyservant
            Mightyservant commented
            Editing a comment
            That's cool, there are pretty amazing LEDS. Maglite has some pretty good smaller ones that give outstanding brightness. A friend of mine gave me a Slyde light, its an LED light that slides open to a strip led with a magnetic base great light for doing repairs.
        Working...
        X