commented on 's reply
    Sun Tzu would be nodding in agreement

• richardbalston
    replied
    Long story..... but informative

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied
    The new part I purchased arrived Friday.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    commented on 's reply
    Bob, I rather doubt they're imported from China. The machines are made in Virginia.

In fact I just looked on Amazon and 3 different sellers show the part. Pretty much identical cost as it includes free shipping on the 1 vendor showing 2 in stock from Florida.

While it's true Ridgid initially dropped the ball on it, they did reach out to him the next day after reading about it on the forum. Mark declined as he had already ordered it on his own from e-rplacements. Of course they didn't stock it and who knows how long they take to order it, receive it and ship it back out.

When I need specialty parts, I first look on Amazon as they tend to show real stock.

Just yesterday Tuesday, I received 2 different shipments of hansgrohe thermostatic cartridges that I ordered on Saturday night. Trying to get my go to supply house to place a special order and receive them would take a minimum of 2 weeks. Amazon had them to me in 2 business days and most likely for less cost than a special order plus shipping since they don't meet the minimum stock order.

Yes, the supply house can't stock everything. But with the internet, it honestly takes a couple minutes now to find what you're looking for and complete a purchase. No on hold waiting for stock checks and availability.

Most of my customers supply their own
    fixtures. I don't mind and recommend it anyways. Even dispoals they can get for a similar price.

Rick.

• Bob D.
    commented on 's reply
    Mark, the ship from China with your part is probably held up in some port waiting to see if additional tariffs will be put on the good coming into the USA.
    Just like we have thousands of tons of soybeans rotting in the hulls of cargo ships off the coast of China waiting to be let in once they figure out the tariff situation.

• PLUMBER RICK
    commented on 's reply
    Hate to say it, but exactly why I sent you the proper contact person at Ridge who could have grabbed one from stock and had it shipped to you literally overnight.

Going through a parts supplier who actually doesn't stock the part is a waste of time.

I'm sure Ridgid produces dozens if not more K50's on a daily basis. Parts are available to make these machines daily. All it takes is a call to the right person to make it happen.

E-replacements is not the direction I would have gone.

Sorry, but I tried to help with a contact person who tried to reach out to you the next business day.

Rick

• Plumber Punky
    commented on 's reply
    you could have had a "temporary" SDT kit in a far shorter amount of time already...

• Mightyservant
    commented on 's reply
    They must be making it out of a rock. Ah the Beauty of "just in time" manufacturing. Good thing you didn't need to turn a profit on it.

• Frankiarmz
    replied
    ProBrand, glad to see someone from Ridgid is reading our comments. Regarding my "straying" from Ridgid, offer the tools, and accessories I want, and I'll continue to purchase Ridgid. I am very happy with all my Ridgid products, unfortunately there is not enough variety. Please get busy making what cordless tool buyers want. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied
    Seriously?

The purpose of this email is to keep you up to date with the status of your order from eReplacementParts.com.

The statuses of your items are listed below.

1 x 61580 Rear Clutch Cone Sleeve - On Order

We are waiting for the parts on order to arrive from the manufacturer. We apologize that it is taking longer than expected. We expect to see them with in 5-9 business days.

3 weeks and counting.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Plumber Punky
    commented on 's reply
    i seem to recall it said 50 before the editing... still...even 45 years with no repairs? besides, ONE major Ridgid repair usually pays for a brand new SDT unit.

• ProBrand
    commented on 's reply
    Hi BobsPlumbing, I am glad your experiences have been good. We are looking into what happened. If it was an honest mistake we won't fire anyone. If it was a recurring problem or malicious we would take other action. What I don't like is that our issue compounded into the experience Mark described. It spurred a lot of discussion in the halls and an action plan to keep it from happening again. I appreciate your frustration and comments. Thanks to you as well for the long tenure.

• ProBrand
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Frankiarmz, First, I am glad to see you are still active. I remember back when I was managing the power tools many notes and comments from you about where we should expand. I was happy to finally get out the jobsite radio! You make good points about the line. We have everything you mentioned on the radar but to this point, as you've noticed and I am sorry you couldn't stick with RIDGID on some items given no availability, we have not ventured into those lines yet. I appreciate your posts as always.

• Frankiarmz
    commented on 's reply
    Firing workers for incompetence is a thing of the distant past, it disappeared along with business owners, and managers who were promoted through the ranks! Customer service people read from scripts rather than solve customer's problem. Sure there are folks who have good work ethics but they are challenged with inferior products not built to last, and business models not designed to retain customers! We are doomed!!!

• BobsPlumbing
    replied
    Hey ProBrand...All I want to know is how many people were fired for this? If it isn't "systemic" then that means that someone, or multiple people, didn't follow the system. And should be fired because of it.

And no, that overbloated, PC, HR machine is wrong in thinking they should be "retrained". You fire them and the person that originally trained them in front of everyone that is doing things correctly and you're headed towards solving the problem.

I know, I know, it won't happen.

*I personally have had very good service experiences with the "professional" Ridge Tools side in the past for the record.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X