Boston residential fires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston residential fires

So the theory is they had a problem with a high pressure line. Are there not PRV's in high pressure mains? Aren't gas meters PRV's. I would think there are redundant PRV systems in place to avoid the problem they had.

Very sad and unfortunate for those that were killed or injured, may there souls rest in peace.

Lawrence N Andover Mass. I'm originally from Mass. Same thing happened years earlier ! Here in Marin County Ca. We all have High pressure blow offs
    vented to the outdoors. Not so there. Hi pressure turns your appliance into infernos. Shame on the gas cos. and the plumbing code writers. hope Cyber
    terrorist didn't get into the Gas company !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe they have good reasons for not having PRV's but you would think if the city gas mains were scheduled to be replaced, they would have added some safety measures 10 years ago.

Does this mean that gas piping throughout the city's residences and business could be damaged? It's going to get expensive just to inspect the damage let alone repair any.

Columbia Gas has a history of these F##K UPS . You don't have far to look for responsibility !!!!!!!!!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
    X