Headaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches

Been getting them for about 10 years crawling under houses. If I strain and struggle hard working, when I go to get out and stand up I get a pounding headache. Lay down, goes away. If I start on my knees I can eventually stand up and be fine.
    One of my friends has this same problem. Does anyone else experience it? And what is it?

Just stop crawling under houses. Normally there isn't anyone under a house asking questions or starting fires.
    Diapers and Politicians need to be changed often... Usually for the same reason.

Comment

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      I sense a disturbance in the force....

• PLUMBER RICK
      PLUMBER RICK commented
      Editing a comment
      It's his listed occupation that's being commented on.

Rick
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-02-2018, 10:37 PM.

I've suffered from headaches most of my life. You'res sound like you have some neck problems (Hey, I'm certainly NO doctor!). Have you ever had a fall or neck injury from sports or a car accident? May I suggest that you tell your physician about it and possibly look into chiropractic adjustment or better yet an osteopath. An MRI (I hate those!) might be in order, though possibly and X-ray might suffice.

Sounds to me like when you are in a crawl position, you are most likely raising your head, which pushes back on your neck, and the disc in your neck/upper spine are possibly pressing on nerves and blood vessels... instant headache for me, which is pretty much your description.

I hope it's just minor, but it's worth checking out. At least you'll know, and that in itself can reduce some tension over your headaches,

CWS

Comment

Anyone guess, withouth more symptoms. I say diabetes.

Comment

• Ghosted
        Ghosted commented
        Editing a comment
        Not diabetic, that I know of anyways. Those are the only symptoms though. Only get them crawling under houses. Can do sit ups, push ups etc and don't get them.

Go see a doctor, they may know the issue right away. Who knows it may involve high blood pressure. Do some blood tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Service View Post
        Go see a doctor, they may know the issue right away. Who knows it may involve high blood pressure. Do some blood tests.
        What do you think this is? Canada?

Doctors and tests are Pricey here. We lack Universal Health Care.

Maybe some day we can be like Canada and the rest of the
        civilized world.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post

What do you think this is? Canada?

Doctors and tests are Pricey here. We lack Universal Health Care.

Maybe some day we can be like Canada and the rest of the
          civilized world.
          We may have somewhat close to free. Yes I say close to free. I have to pay only a fraction of meds with my own pocket money but I pay hospital care though our very expensive taxes. Income taxes at the end of the year, 15% taxes on all merchandise and services. Plus 38%/Liter of gasoline.

When I was an employee I had to pay if I remember correctly 15$/week for pregnant women to take a year off!!! I also pay school taxes and I don't have kids!!

I also pay from my pocket all dentist fees.

What happened to Obama care (Although I'm not familiar)?

Comment

Obama care is a great start. Needs work but much better than we had which was nothing.

We also pay high taxes but the kicker is that the majority of personal bankruptcy's are from
            medical bills.

We pay more per person than any other country and yet get less than in many.

Lots of little reasons, but lets hope that Health Care is a top priority this year in Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
              Obama care is a great start. Needs work but much better than we had which was nothing.

We also pay high taxes but the kicker is that the majority of personal bankruptcy's are from
              medical bills.

We pay more per person than any other country and yet get less than in many.

Lots of little reasons, but lets hope that Health Care is a top priority this year in Congress.
              I saw a documentary on medical thievery/gouging. One example was a you know those sugar drip I V pouches were manufactured for 2$ each and sold to the hospital for 900$. Then you have doctors who make millions in salary, no wonder people go bankrupt. Our student doctors that graduate flee Canada to go to the US to make tons more money.

Over here the government decides the doctor's wages(don't quote me on the wages though, not 100% sure).

Comment

Attached is some light reading on healthcare. I recently read an article on healthcare and pensions in the early 20's which was eye opening but I couldn't find it even looking into my recent history. If I can find it I'll post it but for now I give you thus.
                ? One hundred years ago, in 1908, health care was virtually unregulated and health insurance, nonexistent. Physicians practiced and treated patients in their homes. The few hospitals that existed provided minimal therapeutic care. Both physicians and hospitals were unregulated. When patients saw a physician, they paid their modest fees out-of-pocket; they were more concerned about the wages they would lose if illness kept them out of work than about the cost of their medical care.

Comment

As I recall, my first couple of full-time jobs didn't offer health care, even when I worked in the main office of Security Mutual Life Insurance, here in Binghamton back in the mid-60's. I remember specifically, when I cracked an elbow and passed out in the computer room. They called and ambulance and took me to the EM.... and I got billed for it! (but that was less than $100 back then.) Back in the 60's and early 70's medical charges were significantly lower and many really didn't need health insurance, at least the way they do now.

When our son was born in 1969, the total bill with two days in hospital was less than $500; and when I went to work at Ingersoll-Rand in 1973, a doctor's visit was $6.00 and my company insurance plan paid $4 of that. The following year, the company raised the benefit to pay $6 and the Doctor's increased their bill to $8! The office call has gone up considerably and today, it's around $200 or so (I stopped counting). The thing of it is, the doctor's don't get to spend nearly as much time with you as they did back then.

Back in the 50's thru early 70's, the Binghamton, NY area had three hospitals, lots of individual medical practices, and less than a dozen drug stores. The population was better than twice what it is today; and while the population has dwindled significantly, those three hospitals have expanded their structures, more than quadrupling in size, added several other medical campuses, and dozens of doctors. There are probably forty or more pharmacies and more than a hundred individual medical practices, along with specialty labs, scanning centers, and other medical-related facilities. Manufacturing facilities, once counting in the dozens, are now mostly gone, but the health-related industry is booming!

CWS

Comment

• Mightyservant
                    Mightyservant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is an enormous amount of information regarding healthcare in the US and I'll probably have to make several installments to comments.

1). The once quiet and dignified business of healthcare has become glossier and opportunity abounds for vendors of all sorts to line up at the trough for a share. When there little or no regulation you end up with a lot of complications like over prescription or unnecessary testing just to name a couple of things.

2.) During the earlier part of the century improved wages and benefits we given to employee as inducements to reduce employee turnover. Henry Ford a fierce who fiercely anti organized labor came to realize this and Ford and many other manufactureres profits increased after improving pay and benefits. The American Dream of owning a home, car and raising a family took shape.

3.) Conservative thinkers actually have written extensively on the importance of a healthcare mandate. Politics it seems increasingly reigns in those who venture into the debate.
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/15/h...ervatives.html

4.) I have seen first hand what a bloated organization looks like and it isn't pretty. Arguments against increasing the size of government to manage things isn't without merit. Just look at the department of veterans affairs, they've had problems for decades with no end in sight.

5.) When employees are looked after they stick around longer becuase they are happier and nothing sells to a customer like a happy employee. Remember customer service back in the day? Nowadays employees don't seem to smile and walk around as if though they'd rather be somewhere else.
                    Last edited by Mightyservant; 12-05-2018, 07:33 PM.

on the off hand guess is there any dizzyness involved when you stand up?
                  this sounds a lot like transient ischemia!
                  lack of enough blood flow to the brain can cause dizzyness, pounding headaches, and in some cases passing out.
                  this is a serious issue that needs to be checked out
                  so dont mess around see a doctor a.s.a.p.
                  shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X