Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbhydro
    replied
    I was looking at the pictures and was wondering if the opening for the bolt to hold the wheel was punched in the frame at an angle by mistake at the plant and nothing will be able to bring it level.

If that's the case, depending on the terrain that its going to be used on, I'd be tempted to take the wheels off and u-bolt the gen frame onto a cheap moving dolly or convertible handcart to have a level base.

Leave a comment:

• BHD
    replied
    a step bolt off a lawn mower axle may work better, if a straight axle will not work,

with a bolt one can tighten up the pin tight,

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.
    replied
    When I look at your photos, it appears that the axle is too small for the mount. It is not inline with the center of the sleeve in the frame to receive the axle. Leading me to believe that there is a bushing missing. I know the parts diagram shows nothing more, just the axle, washer and pin but it just looks wrong.

Can you show us a photo looking in line with the axle outward ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	r6800 wheel.png
Views:	79
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	740563

The axle is not even close to 90 degrees with the frame. So something is missing or bent. It is a poor design as has been said.
    To change to a solid axle I think you would have to go under the frame as it does not look like there is room for the axle to pass
    by the generator. If you did this you might want to go with smaller diameter wheels else the generator will not be sitting level
    and that could affect operation of the motor (crankcase oil level). The other option would be to raise the opposite end to level it
    back out if you went with the axle under the frame.

Name:	r6800 not 90.png
Views:	42
Size:	692.0 KB
ID:	740564

Leave a comment:

• Frankiarmz
    replied
    Install a solid axle, even if you have it sit below that bottom frame! Terrible design!

Leave a comment:

• BHD
    replied
    IMO it is basically a design error, if there is room put a solid axle that goes wheel to wheel,

or that axel needs to be solid in the frame, threaded or welded, that is my opinion,

Leave a comment:

• Fcasnir
    started a topic RD6800 generator-Bent wheels

RD6800 generator-Bent wheels

Name:	4F33446A-E7AB-43EF-BD55-5348D3532593.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	740559Click image for larger version

Name:	7AB21141-B72F-48D9-91D9-3B7299CA8C58.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	740558

I have had an issue With this generator wheels since I got it about eight years ago. Both wheels are bending outward from the bottom. One of the original wheels broke this week. I ordered new wheels and install them today, and I can see that the exact same thing is going to happen with these. See attached pictures. It?s like a piece is missing, but I checked the parts catalog and there is nothing missing.
    Has anyone seen this issue before? And is there a solution?
Working...
X