Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid - Do they still manufacture and sell Portable Generators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid - Do they still manufacture and sell Portable Generators?

Does Ridgid even make generators any more?

I've had an RD6800 generator for many years and was considering an upgrade to a model with an electrical start. Home Depot has nothing in stock at stores or online which seemed odd. The Ridgid website does not even list generators that I could find; searched every tool category and used the search field. I could go to another manufacturer but as these weigh a lot I find the hand-truck handle to be a very nice feature - don't see any other makers with such a feature.

PS. If anyone knows of an electrical start kit for the Yamaha Engine please do jump in here.

Home Depot sells the new version of the RD6800 series, the RD7000. Similar unit, electric start, Zero Gravity hand-truck frame, GenSmart monitor. Now uses Honda GX series engines instead of Yamaha (commercial Honda w/cast iron sleeve). You'll have to get in the waiting line, Home Depot is sold out. There are a couple on eBay if you can figure out a way to get a "local pickup" to your destination.
    Last edited by BE_Clear; 12-05-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Just a thought, looking at that hand truck handle, I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate one to fit another brand generator.

Comment

Working...
      X