The New Ridgid Loop Tool Everyone Should Have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Ridgid Loop Tool Everyone Should Have

Soooo...I am not having issues with my tools but just wanted to upgrade some older tools to the newer models with brushless motors. I buy the tool and go online to register. I log into my account and I get a message saying that for security purposes I have to verify my email. I get the email, click the verify button and get taken to a page that says "thank you for verifying, your account is now activated". I click the link to log into my account to register the new tool and I get a message stating I have to verify my email for security purposes. I get the email, click the verify button and get taken to a page that says "thank you for verifying, your account is now activated". I click the link to log into my account to register a new tool and I get a message stating...well you can see where this going. Is anyone else having this problem?

Just an F.Y.I., the customer service person I spoke with was not grasping the situation so I just repeating myself and he found it very annoying to which I replied, "correct". Still no resolution.

I see you are new here, welcome to the Forum! I see you are new here, welcome to the Forum! I see you are new here, welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Keep your boxes from the new tools as when you register the tools
      they refer to model number on the box not the model number on the tool!

Cactus Man

Comment

I got a couple new tools last month and this month from Home Depot online the first one was on June 11 and I got the dreaded action required. Since it was an online purchase I don't have a physical receipt I uploaded screenshots with the purchase order number on my online account for Ridgid. I called them yesterday and I was on hold for about 30 minutes or so and they told me they were having problems with their system and I'll check back in a couple of days and see if it's switched over to the LSA if it has not they told me to call them back. Don't know if it's related to the issue you are having?

Comment

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          "they told me they were having problems with their system and I'll check back in a couple of days"

We've heard that reported by many people trying to register their tools for the LSA over the years. I have come to suspect it is a stall tactic used by overloaded CS reps. And who knows what they are up against with the restrictions because of COVID19. Many (how many is many I don't know) may be working from home.

Does anyone know how many people there are working in this department at TTI who handle the phone calls and check the paper LSA registrations that come in? If it's only a few (~6) then no wonder it takes forever to get our gear registered.

The only thing I am sure of is the slow response times will not change. They haven't in over 10 years so I doubt they will now. Just have to keep after them, give them time to respond, and keep records of when and who you talk to or any emails sent/received. It's a PITA but if you are chasing that rabbit down the hole that is called the LSA that's the price of doing business.

The are two other options though:

1. Recognize the LSA for what it is which is a sales gimmick and say 'screw it' to the LSA and just treat your pretty orange RIDGID tool like a puke green Ryobi tool and be happy with the 3 year out of the box warranty [this is the route I have taken. Life is too short to worry or lose any sleep over the LSA].

2. Buy another brand with a better warranty (if you can find it) and/or easier registration protocol (which is just about ANYONE but RIDGID). Every time I call Bosch I get a friendly person who gets my stuff registered to me in a matter of minutes. They have never 'lost' a tool registration of mine. They have my jig saw from 14 years ago and everything up to today. Of course they don't have a lifetime service agreement or free replacement batteries, but I don't lose any sleep worrying about it either. I get the same good service from Festool and DeWalt which are the other tool brands I own besides Bosch.

Let me ask you all this:

If you have a Ryobi or Milwaukee tools and you register it, do you have any issues with the process? I understand they don't have the wonderful LSA but when you go through the process of registering those brand tools or calling about an problem is it fast and simple or do you have issues like you do with RIDGID?

Why do I ask about those two brands and no others? Because they are TTI brands too. SO if a different level of customer service or attention is given to RIDGID Tools compared to other TTI brands, what does that say?
          Last edited by Bob D.; 07-10-2020, 04:15 AM.
      Working...
      X