Assorted Ridgid tool bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assorted Ridgid tool bags

When you buy a Ridgid "tool only" you do not get a tool bag.

Home Depot does not offer the Ridgid Orange tool bags.

I have found that E-Bay offers the best selection and prices for tool bags of various sizes.
    Sometimes you even get free shipping but they now charge sales tax.
    Amazon, E-Replacement Parts are much more expensive and have a limited selection.

I have no monetary interest in E-Bay or other sites..This is for your information only.

Cactus Man

I have hung on to a couple of the tool bags, but the rest I tossed. I like the hard, stackable boxes that Festool, Makita, and many others use. And many of those can be joined together when stacked. RIDGID, Milwaukee, DeWalt and others you can stack them sort of but you can't lock them together (mix brands). So I use some of my spare Systainers to hold my other brand tools like RIDGID or DeWalt that don't have boxes. It works great. I got a Sys 5 in Black and Yellow (DeWalt colors) and made a custom insert for it to hold my DeWalt track saw. Now when I am heading away from the shop and need a track saw I can take the DeWalt with me and it stacks with the rest of my tools making for easy transport.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20191107_073608.jpg Views:	72 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	746223Click image for larger version  Name:	20191107_073709.jpg Views:	58 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	746224
    Last edited by Bob D.; 10-13-2020, 04:46 AM.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

My favorite set up was when i had a couple of those ridgid tool carts with wheels that stack. Id organize my bags and tools i use together between my drill/driver bag and the rolling chest. Then when i got to the job i pull out the cart and extend the handle, set my driver bag on top and whell myself inthere with all my things. It was nice. Unfortunately i left my box in my truck one night and it got jacked. But im gonna get back to that setup as soon as i have a place to put it inside everynight

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
      Last edited by vodanel; 10-11-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vodanel View Post
        My favorite set up was when i had a couple of those ridgid tool carts with wheels that stack. Id organize my bags and tools i use together between my drill/driver bag and the rolling chest. Then when i got to the job i pull out the cart and extend the handle, set my driver bag on top and whell myself inthere with all my things. It was nice. Unfortunately i left my box in my truck one night and it got jacked. But im gonna get back to that setup as soon as i have a place to put it inside everynight

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
        Yes, I have that setup and really like it. HD usually has it, or individual units, on sale around the holidays. The add-on parts box is sturdy and handy -- I pre-load it with fittings, sockets, wrenches, etc. Keep a couple bins empty to use to temporarily store small parts removed during a job so they don't get lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          I have hung on to a couple of the tool bags, but the rest I tossed. I like the hard, stackable boxes that Festool, Makita, and many others use. And many of those can be joined together when stacked. RIDGID, Milwaukee, DeWalt and others you can stack them sort of but you can't lock them together. So I sue some of my spare Systainers for hold my other brand tools like RIDGID or DeWalt that don't have boxes. It works great. I got a Sys 5 in Black and Yellow (DeWalt colors) and made a custom insert for it to hold my DeWalt track saw. Now when I am heading away from the shop and need a track saw I can take the DeWalt with me and it stacks with the rest of my tools making for easy transport.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_073608.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	746223Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_073709.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	746224
          The Ridgid unit has a metal strap that fits between the boxes and takes a padlock to secure them (of course someone could simple walk off with the whole cart!)

Comment

• Bob D.
            Bob D. commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a nice feature. I agree it's not 100% theftproof but it does force them to try to make off with the whole stack and would slow them down. Until they tossed it in a van and drove off. :-(

Originally posted by vodanel View Post
          I am going to be buying the Ridgid wheeled set for work. I have seen them put through the paces by my coworkers and they hold up pretty well. Makita uses boxes built by Sortimo, the same company that builds Bosch L-Boxxes. They are too expensive for me right now. Homeless Despot will hopefully have the Ridgid 3 box set on sale again for Christmas. The Ridgid set includes an organizer, which I imagine would come in really handy for a cabinet installer.

Comment

Didn't Milwaukee just come out with a new line, or was it Ryobi?

I saw something recently for one of the two but I don't remember which.

----

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              Didn't Milwaukee just come out with a new line, or was it Ryobi?

I saw something recently for one of the two but I don't remember which.
              Milwaukee came out with it's Pack Out line a couple of years ago or more. Everyone that has one seems to like it. I have the Dewalt system so I'm good.

Comment

It was more recent, like in the past month.

I think this is what I was thinking of.

I guess this is the RIDGID version.

And here is the new Ryobi system.
                Last edited by Bob D.; 08-22-2021, 08:49 AM.

----

Comment

That is a nice feature. I agree it's not 100% theftproof but it does force them to try to make off with the whole stack and would slow them down. Until they tossed it in a van and drove off. :-(
                  whatsapp mod
                  Liked this line" tossed in the van and drove off"

Comment

Working...
                  X