Home Depot tool sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot tool sale

I received an e-mail from Home Depot advertising tool sales....."tool savings" as they said it.
    The site showed..Milwaukee, DeWalt, Ryobi, and Makita.
    No mention of Ridgid tools!!!!!

I do know of one Home Depot in Phoenix Metro that also carries Hilti Tools!
    But they are never mentioned either.

When you scroll down to the box "shop more" only then does Ridgid and Husky
    limited tools are presented.

We all agree the overall Ridgid power tool line is good but I do not understand why
    Home Depot keeps that tool line..Their licensed tool line as an orphan?

This is nothing new and we all complained over the years.....etc.
    I simply can't get a handle on their marketing scheme....

Rant over...

Cactus Man

That's probably because they no longer have a marketing scheme for Ridgid tool. They did at one time but apparently they no longer feel the need.
    The Leading Cause Of Injury In Older Men Is Them Thinking They Are Still Young Men.

Comment

Maybe they are trying to tell us to move on to something else.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006
      "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

• BadgerDave
        BadgerDave commented
        Editing a comment
        I've pretty much given up on TTI/Ridgid product. You just never know if what you've purchased from them will have any availability of parts if you need them. I've had my eye on this Ridge Tool Ridgid tool lately and just might have to pick one up, https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-E...6988/303528759

• drainman scott
        drainman scott commented
        Editing a comment
        I highly recommend the E-Z faucet tool I have one great multi tool .

I don't remember ever complaining

Comment

• BadgerDave
        BadgerDave commented
        Editing a comment
        So Frankie, when did the Alzheimer symptoms start?

My Home Depot seems to be phasing out RIDGID in the plumbing section and going with there brand Husky and TTI Milwaukee... Even there dusty RIDGID cordless line display has none of RIDGID'S new tool releases that came out last year .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210112_185423.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	747599Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210112_185431.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	747600

Comment

It's been an aggravating subject for some time. TTI and Home Depot has had an exclusive deal since the day that TTI introduced it's "Ridgid" brand (under license from Emerson Electric) back in 2003. Initially it seemed to work well, but over the years, the Ridgid brand of tools has gotten sort of a bad rap from Home Depot and is too often treated as the 'orphan child'. In the two stores that I used to frequent, the display was too often in disarray, out of stock, and frankly treated like nobody cared. As was just mentioned, with a big tool sale, why wouldn't their exclusive brand not be mentioned?

I don't know how long this 'exclusive' deal is supposed to last, but I think it's a detriment to the brand.

CWS

Comment

well when it ends, if ever, there will be a bunch of pi$$ed off LSA lovers beating on their door. And not to say thank you.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006
          "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            well when it ends, if ever, there will be a bunch of pi$$ed off LSA lovers beating on their door. And not to say thank you.
            Do you mean that if the 'exclusivity' agreement ends you think the LSA will end also? I don't think so, as one has nothing to do with the other. The LSA isn't given or administered by Home Depot, it's given by TTI and Ridgid. So I don't see what difference it would make if TTI-made Ridgid tools were available at Lowes and anywhere else that might support the product line better.

CWS

Comment

Maybe its time for me to comment on the lack of growth on the Ridgid cordless tool line I stopped trying to figure out their refusal to grow the line , so as I have previously posted , I bought into Milwaukee's M18 platform . maybe the LSA was not what they had hoped, maybe they were happy with their Milwaukee , and Ryobi ? So many unanswered questions these days .

Comment

This switchover to house brands is happening across retail for all categories, not just hardware and tools. The retailers get higher margins with their private labels. Sometimes you have to order from an online website to find the product assortment and top tier brands you want. The physical stores are giving their limited shelf space to their house brands.

Comment

Yes, but Ridgid and Ryobi ARE house brands for Home Depot. Home Depot has exclusive rights to sell Ridgid and Ryobi tools even to the point that if you don't have a Home Depot receipt, you don't have a warranty. With Ridgid brand power tools, you aren't eligible to even register for the Limited Lifetime Service agreement. Yet when sales like this come along, it is more often that DeWalt gets feature billing. But that may well be a matter of DeWalt's merchandising, where they have a feature sale and Ridgid's marketing doesn't.

Regarding the earlier statement by 'Drainman Scott' (post #5), it should be noted that "Ridgid" brand plumbing tools are a completely different company than Ridgid-branded power tools. In that particular case, Ridgid plumbing and electrical hand tools are made by the Ridge tool company, and are in direct competition with Home Depot's Husky brand. All part of the confusion when a brand name like "Ridgid" gets licensed off to other manufacturer's. (Likewise "Ridgid" shop vacs and accessories are still another company, although both plumbing and vac tools are under the Emerson Electric parent, TTI-made Ridgid and Milwaukee and Ryobi and Dirt Devil and Hoover are part of TTI.

CWS

Comment

The stores kind of hold all the power, so in the end they can do whatever they want. Sucks, but it's the way it is.

Comment

Had To get a toilet auger today when I got out of work. I stopped at HD to get a Ridgid one and it was the last one. They only had milwaukee left. More expensive and not made in USA like the Ridgid.

Comment

Working...
                      X