Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue_can
    commented on 's reply
    I bought one of their setups to square corners during assembly and glue-up - 4 plastic corners at rights angles along with some clamps that work with it - not used it yet though.

• Bob D.
    commented on 's reply
    I see now that these clamps have been out for a few months, but the first time I saw them was at the opening the other day. They never caught my eye in a catalog or email that Rockler sent out. So not really 'new' to the World I guess, just new to me. :-)

• blue_can
    replied
    Yes I agree one could always do with more clamps. I find it is a balancing act with the cost - woodworking clamps are not cheap!

It was much easier when I was fabricating stone - to make a laminated edge all you needed was a bunch of C clamps - I got about 20 at HF for about $1 each - they could be used directly on the stone or sometimes I would use them with a wood caul.

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.
    replied
    The only thing I came away with yesterday was a couple clamps.
    I guess Norm was talking to me in the back of my head "you can't have enough clamps".

Not wanting to make a trip for nothing I brought home a pair of these quick action clamps that I thought might prove useful when gluing up some stuff.

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-quic...aluminum-clamp

I also bought a pair of these baby bar clamps which will be nice for small stuff like small drawers or boxes.

https://www.rockler.com/clamp-it-bar-clamps

Last edited by Bob D.; 06-20-2022, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• drainman scott
    replied
    I have a Harbor Freight walking distance from where I am .. Just pick up my free light ( with Coupon ) to add to my many free in the past .. The closest Rockler is about 50 miles away in Cambridge.

I have in the past purchased Baltic Birch from Rockler for a pantry cabinet and a coping sled .. They do offer a wide range of solutions for the woodworker .

Leave a comment:

• blue_can
    replied
    I must admit the one thing I have never bought from them is lumber. There are 2 huge hardwood lumber places with pretty much any kind of species frequented by serious woodworkers and cabinet makers which I go to for that. They also sell softwoods like pine and veneered plywood. Both were kind enough to set me up with contractor accounts so I get some money off the lumber.

But Rockler has been great for tools.

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.
    replied
    I agree, sometimes you just want to see something firsthand before you buy it. Hard to judge quality online.
    They do have a nice selection of hardwoods which is something not available here except for Woodcraft. But
    Rockler seemed to have a better selection and better prices. Maybe Woodcraft will feel their presence and not
    be so ruthless with their prices.

Leave a comment:

• blue_can
    replied
    Good to hear you will have one closer to you. The San Diego Rockler is about 10 miles from where I live. I go through phases where do a lot of woodworking and then not much. I do visit them to get stuff when I'm on a project. I guess you can order online but it's nice to be able to see some of the stuff in person. They have deals in-store on Black Friday.

I also have 2 HFs within about 10 mins drive to either one.

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.
    replied
    Thanks Rick, Happy Father's Day to you too.

There are four Rockler stores in the LA area. Torrance, Pasadena, Orange, and Ontario.

We finally got ONE in the whole state of NJ.

Hey, when the water's all gone in 12 months there won't be much need for plumbers, you better find a new trade.

Maybe get a dump truck and haul rocks to replace all those dried up lawns.

The lawn sprinkler industry will soon be history that's for sure.
    I predict fines for people capturing rainwater in barrels to try to keep their lawns green.

How you gonna keep the lights on with hydro power all dried up and your nuke plants decommissioned?
    Oh, I know, buy power from somewhere else because their fossil power doesn't hurt the environment like it does here.

I thought NJ was a crazy place, now I know we're not alone, youz are just as crazy.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied
    The closest wanna be store to me is Harbor Freight, which there are 18 within 20 miles of me.

Of course they are always having a special. Like today 20% off for Fathers Day with blackouts on anything good.

last week I got A 25% off with no restrictions.

Happy Fathers Day.

Rick.

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.
    started a topic Rockler Store Opening

Rockler Store Opening

There is a new Rockler store opening today. The first one in NJ before which the
    closest Rockler B&M store was near Pittsburg which is about 300 miles away so
    that wasn't happening. I order from Rockler online all the time but if I need
    something today then I'm out of luck. But honestly do I really have to have it
    today. Most likely no.

This new store is in Moorestown which is close to Philly but ~38 miles from me. Not
    looking for anything specific but I will go and see what's up and meet the owners.

It's got to be tough to open a store in this climate with online ordering being so easy.
    My only other choice for the past 25 years has been Woodcraft about 35 miles away
    in Delaware and that means a $5 bridge toll on top of the drive. 70 miles is 4 gallons
    of diesel and that stuff ain't cheap anymore. It's roughly the same distance to the
    new Rockler store but no $5 bridge toll.

https://www.rockler.com/retail/store...orestown-store
Working...
X