Over the Edge Rappel with Phoebe and I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the Edge Rappel with Phoebe and I

Last month I was asked to help raise money for the Union Rescue Mission, that helps the homeless on Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles.

Raise $1000.00 in contributions and you get to rappel the 25 story Universal Hilton just outside of Universal Studios.

So I easily raised the money for myself, but the day of the event, Joey and Phoebe came out to watch me..Phoebe, now age 12, wanted to join me. So $1000. Later, Phoebe and I rapelled side by side the 250' building. Afterwards we went to Universal for the Halloween Fright Night event.

For those older members on the forum. You'll remember when Joey and I found out we were having a Daughter. And the forum came up with her original name choice. PIPER.

Very cool name , but my brother in law objected and the rest Is history. PHOEBE it is.

Enjoy the photos. We do it again next September.

Rick.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20221001_125749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.4 KB ID:	754529

25 stories up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20221001_130104.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.1 KB ID:	754530
    I'm on the left, Phoebe on the right in bright orange.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	OverTheEdge_396_URMLA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.18 MB ID:	754531
    Start of the event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221106-172735_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	743.5 KB ID:	754532
    Phoebe wasn't scared at all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221027-110655_Messages.jpg Views:	0 Size:	334.1 KB ID:	754533
    59 and I still got it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221001_172536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	754534
    Just like a Boy Scout, always prepared. You never know when or where you got to go.

Rick

Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-06-2022, 10:46 PM.
    phoebe it is

Looks like a fun day for you both.

I bet Mrs Seat Down was biting her nails watching the two of you up there.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2004
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute
    http://www.cordlessworkshop.net
    https://youtube.com/@bobd.
    ----

Comment

Actually Joey objected to Phoebe doing it 6 weeks prior when I was asked. So I never raised donations under her name. But when they showed up and saw the others doing it. Met the CEO of the Union Rescue Mission and saw the safety team, Phoebe wanted to go and Joey agreed. We even had friends pay the $30 parking fee to come root us on and take photos.

Phoebe was excited and is looking forward to next year. Joey on the other hand, will be well grounded watching from the pool deck.

Rick
      phoebe it is

Comment

Looks like you two were having a blast. That's great that you were able to raise the money for the charity as well.

Comment

Working...
        X