X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about New Forum Login

Are you guys having to reenter your login and password when your visiting the new forum or is it logging you in automatically? Eventually I may need to send a login reminder to everyone registered.

Josh

re login

I had to log in. I can't believe I remembered my password.

Comment

Had to log in.
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Me too
        Hey, where's our smileys??
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I also had to log in. But what really ticked me off was that somebody stole my badger!! Smilees, smilees, we want smilees!!!
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes Josh, I have to re-enter my ID and PASS each time even though I checked the Remember Me box. The information is not saved when I come back after logging out.

Originally posted by Josh
            Are you guys having to reenter your login and password when your visiting the new forum or is it logging you in automatically? Eventually I may need to send a login reminder to everyone registered.

Josh
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I think that's supposed to happen when you log out. If you don't want to log in on each visit, just don't log out. (insert smiley here).
              Lorax

Comment

it shows me as, imported by plumber rick. is this only on my screen or all screens?

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Ok... Seems to be pretty good for the huge change that it was. I will continue to work on the small issues. Plumber Rick, It only shows up as Imported_PlumberRick on your screen. Plumber Rick shows up on your posts.

Are you guys sure the smilleys are missing. I could probably add a bunch if we want more than the ones on the right when your creating a post.

This board has a lot more options that you can add on and people are developing new plugins every day.

I think I like it so far. And I really like that we maintained all the user accounts and posts from the old board.

Josh

Comment

josh, you're burning the midnight oil. how do you change the time to pst cst or like in the past est? this gmt makes it look like we're all zombies or insomniacs.

ps how do we spell check. my wife needs to go to sleep?

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
                      it shows me as, imported by plumber rick. is this only on my screen or all screens?

rick.

That indicates you're not American made
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                        Ok... Seems to be pretty good for the huge change that it was. I will continue to work on the small issues. Plumber Rick, It only shows up as Imported_PlumberRick on your screen. Plumber Rick shows up on your posts.

Are you guys sure the smilleys are missing. I could probably add a bunch if we want more than the ones on the right when your creating a post.

This board has a lot more options that you can add on and people are developing new plugins every day.

I think I like it so far. And I really like that we maintained all the user accounts and posts from the old board.

Josh
                        Don't see no smileys or avatars.

Ya done good so far young feller.
                        Lorax

Comment

I see the smileys when I do a regular reply. When you click on the Quick Reply as I did for this post, there are no smileys.

Josh, the avatar dialog in the user control panel iis disabled apparently. There is no way to select or upload an avatar and it says avatars are disabled.

No Avatar Specified.
                          (radio button selected)[*] Do not use an avatar
                          Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

If the above was true for everyong when the transition was made maybe the avatars got deleted.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Rick, you need to change the default editor from BASIC to ENHANCED (WYSIWYG), then the Spell Check is turned on. You do this from the User Control Panel and click on " Edit Opitions " , then scrool down to the bottom of the page.

Well, as it turns out yes that does enable spell check but you have to download a free spell check add-on for your browser. The good news is that it will work everywhere, not just here on the Ridgid Forums.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 12-30-2005, 12:40 AM.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

Take a little getting used to

This is going to be a change for the better I think. I enjoyed the old format but this looks like it will be nice to use also.

Josh, It would be nice to have a forum to discuss electricity. And some more smilies would be fun. Over all a pretty good job.
                              Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X