Woodworks Show in Somerset NJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworks Show in Somerset NJ

Anybody going? I hope to make it on Saturday.
    I missed the Valley Forge event in December, this
    is a little farther away but I have not attended
    one as yet so thought I would give it a try and a
    first-hand look at some of the toys I would like to
    pick up over the next year or so. Top of the list is
    a tie between a MiniMax 16" BS or a General 75-075T
    mortising machine, I'm gonna need both when all that
    oak is dry next Fall.

Anyway, here's the low down on the event:

http://www.woodworksevents.com/somerset.shtml

Woodworks Show in Somerset NJ
    January 6 - 8, 2006

SHOW LOCATION:
    Garden State Exhibit Center
    50 Atrium Dr.
    Somerset, NJ 08873
    PHONE:732-469-4000

HOURS:
    FRIDAY 12 pm - 6 pm
    SATURDAY 10 am - 6 pm
    SUNDAY 10 am - 4 pm
    Last edited by Bob D.; 12-30-2005, 11:38 PM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

I see that this topic has been looked at a few times but no one has replied or admitted to going. I found out there is another woodworking show in Baltimore at the fairgrounds the same weekend, anybody going there?
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Well, I don't know if any of you made it but I enjoyed the day -AND- spent tooo much money. I had planned on looking at Powermatics new benchtop mortiser up close that I have seen for around $380 and if I could make a good eal maybe bring that home with me but there was not anybody hawking Powermatic machines there today.

I did pick up a nice older Buck Bros 1/4" Mortising chisel in real good shape except it needs an edge put on it. A couple small items, drill stops, inside calipers, 4" machinists square, ... and 146 bd. ft. of Black Walnut for $2/BF.

Here's some pics.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 10-19-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X