No announcement yet.

Time to cull the herd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 days or 90 days are not reasonable timelines to respond to a membership query if the individual is currently taking their turn defending your freedoms, until they return from deployment.

Comment

On the other hand it is nice to just look around at the topics and add something, if you feel so inclined. I have had a few days in the past when i just looked and didn't see anything that caught my attention.
      So I take back what I had said earlier. Let em stay if atleast they get something out of reading the messages here.
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

i wonder how many active members are there?

Comment

That's pretty much at the root of the discussion, and to determine that we would have to define what 'active' is.

A member who has never originated a thread or made a post to a thread may still visit the site and read every day. Does that make them inactive, I think not.

Someone else may only drop in every 3 or 4 months, but may offer very useful information to the group. In between their infrequent visits, are they inactive?

I think Josh's decision to just let it be until such time that there is some performance hit on the system, IF that should occur and that is not known at this time. vBulletin certainly supports groups larger than ours is at present so shouldn't be a problem until we get everyone who has ever swung a hammer enrolled
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
          X