Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is you favorite power tool and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite has got to be my Sawzall. Demoliton has got to be the best therapy out there. The one tool that has made my life easier has got to be my nail gun. Talk about stepping out of the dark ages and into the light.

Comment

I have found the my 18v Impact driver is my favorite tool. All the framers use them to drive screws into the metal studs. An impact driver makes work so much easier you never have a problem backing out others screws to get something out of your way and then put it back. If only my foreman didn't ban me from using it. Yet it is my tool and he only carries a tape measure!
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

My 4 1/2" angle grinder by Makita. I put a diamond blade in it and use it for cutting tile and for cutting concrete. I put an abrasive disk in it and use for grinding paint off of metal. It's extremely useful on a jobsite
        Last edited by franklie; 03-29-2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I gots ta say my lathes. Most drastic changes in raw wood in the shortest amount of time.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

My favorite tool is my table saw followed by my router(s)

Comment

worm drive

My bosch circular worm drive is a favorite. It's lightweight, has lots of power, is quiet, and tracks smoothly.
              Last edited by tkholck; 04-08-2006, 02:53 AM.

Comment

PLUMBER RICK...Am I correct that the propress equipment costs in excess of $1500? If yes, so much for my Father's Day wish list.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Right now I’m thinking it is my Porter-Cable 7424 Polisher, I waxed the car two days ago, waxed the truck today and have to wax the boat next week. It differently is not the most fun tool to use but it sure reduces the amount of elbow grease required to complete those dreaded jobs.

Woodslayer

Comment

Hello my name is Will and I too and a tool freak

I have started to use my miter saw more and really love how easy it makes some of the projects i do with the tools i do have. I would like to make shelves and a crib but don't have the tools for that yet. I would really love to get the TS3650 and a shiny new jointer!
                    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

cordless ridgid impact driver is GREAT; I rarely use my cordless drill any more. i can hang cabinets MUCH easier by myself, (not nearly as much pressure needed)...in short; I use it A LOT!!!

Comment

Band saw and Drill Press
                        Table saw always a mess
                        Mitre saw and Router
                        And shiney new Jointer
                        of these I do shout
                        Acclaimed by the annointer
                        Fine tools for fine work

ok...YOU rhyme jointer and router..... at least I tried!!!
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

My Makita drill/driver and jigsaw. Also my Dewalt reciprotcating saw

Comment

My favorite power tool is my Honda powered Baker Bandsaw Mill.

Comment

Router table, most versatile tool in the shop

Comment

probably my most treasured power tool is my old walker turner table saw, It is one good machine, I bought that when I was in High-School, and have built many items with it,

but probably the one I need at the time is my favorite tool, yesterday the cutting torch and welder was my favorite, as I don't think DUck tape would have worked (Sorry Red), but then the next day it may be the chain saw or what ever, it is the tool I need to get the job done,
                                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                                X